Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This Week's Thankful List (With Photos)

I am thankful...

...that two teenage boys in our town have a habit of pulling this wagon around the streets at Christmas time giving rides to any who desire...


...that it snowed enough last year here in Mexico for the 12-year-old boy to build this...

...that when I threw together this hobo/clown costume a half hour before the Halloween party for the 8-year-old boy last year, I had no idea he would come home with a first place ribbon!

...that my husband's a great photgrapher...

...that the 16-year-old boy doesn't seem to mind getting mobbed by the toddler directly after his football game...

...that the 13-year-old girl trusted me to give her highlights...

...for the memories my husband gave me when he took the six kids camping for two nights six weeks before the twins were born - leaving me ALONE ...for 48 hours. It was a beautiful time for me. I closed all the blinds in our tiny apartment, made bean and american cheese burritos, and homemade chocolate ice cream, never took off my fluffy pink robe, and watched Madame Butterfly and some other really cool movies that I can't at this time remember. I even remember walking by a permanent marker in the kitchen, turning towards it to grab it and put it away, then telling myself, "No. There is no one here who will touch that. I don't have to put it away and I won't!" It was a weekend I'll never forget, cuddled up on my recliner, with my burritos on my lap and my twins stirring inside me, waiting for their day to meet the world.

...that my mom took care of the toddler for four days and nights as John accompanied me in the hospital while I recovered after the C-section...

...that the twins were delivered in perfect condition...

...that I have a toy all three babies enjoy...

...that I found the perfect "triple" stroller, one that will seat two carseats or babies, with a platform on the back where the toddler can sit or stand. You can't imagine how many times those wheels have rolled over these pot-holed roads here in our small Mexican town...

...that my mom has these really cool metal golden goblets, that are like fifty years old, literally, and when you drink milk from them, somehow, it seems so, so good and cold. It's such a treat...

...that the eight-year-old boy can find such happiness in doing this...(He has been begging me to blog this for months now.)

I am pleased to list this post @...

Grace Alone's...



Thursday Thirteen dot com,
Rose-Colored Glasses' "Thankful Thursday",
Cielo's "Hopeful Friday",
Jayelee's "Thursday Thirteen"
and...




If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe
(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the little beauty below... Thank you for your visit!

12 comments:

Denise said...

Your family is such a sweet blessing.

Rhonda said...

That last photo is the coolest thing I've seen in my life! Is your son, by chance, missing any organs?? How does he DO that?!!

My Aaron could do a "starving kid in ethiopa" if he was darker skinned because when he sucks in he's like...ummm....let's just say it's gross. But it still doesn't look as skillful as what your kid can do! Tell him he's the coolest!

Beth in NC said...

I enjoyed the photos and reading your post. Your blessings brought me a smile. And your son's trick ... oh my. Ha.

Bless you!
Beth

Susan said...

Wow, what an interesting list today.

I really enjoyed your post.

God has truly blessed you with one beautiful family.

Blessing to you on this TT♥

laurice. said...

awww....I love that your kids are so helpful and trusting!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. You remind me of so many small things I am thankful for. Great Famliy!

Anonymous said...

what a blessing.and that last pic.you should send that to funny videos haha...ann

Bonnie said...

You have an incredible family! I love reading about it each week. The last picture - hilarious!! Tell your son he is incredibly talented. I'm wowed. Have a blessed Christmas!!!

Jane O' said...

You truly have so much to be thankful for. I enjoyed reading your great post.

Carla said...

Count your many blessings name them one by one (and be sure to post pictures too:)!

Unknown said...

I thoroughly enjoy your TT posts every week!

Blessings to you and your beautiful family!

Love,
Jill

Wani said...

Its always good to count our blessings! Thanks for sharing yours!