Monday, June 27, 2011

I Love the Details

It's the little things that get to me when someone does something nice for you, like when my 21-year-old daughter went to the book store in Utah and saw a really cool book she thought the 14-year-old boy would like, but then realized that she couldn't get just him one so she bought all EIGHT of her siblings at home books, but then saw another book that the 16-year-old girl would love, but then realized that she couldn't get just her two, so she bought all EIGHT of her siblings at home two books...

Photobucket

....and she grouped them, and wrote sweet little notes and wrapped them thoughtfully in hemp rope, which are the types of details I'm talking about...

Photobucket

You're the best sister, EVER, 21-year-old girl. Thank you for being you. And probably tomorrow we'll show you how your books were used in our infirmary...

Photobucket

I love you! :)

P.S. My sister and I are finally getting skinnier!
See how we're doing it HERE! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what family is all about - looking out for each other & doing nice things for one another!

Anonymous said...

That's so precious of you, Granddaughter #1. I love you, too!
The "I can't buy something for just one of them" factor is tough when they are eight in number!

Grama

Rachel said...

What a great big sis! The letters to each one is such a sweet thing as well. What a great gal you raised :)