Monday, November 7, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Cookies

Photobucket

Just a reminder, that when you make pie crust, it's always fun to make cookies for the kids with the leftovers. THIS is one of my favorite pie crust recipes, and with the portions I cut off the edges of the pie plate, I re-roll it, cut it into squares, brush melted butter on...

Photobucket

...sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top...

Photobucket

...then bake at 400 degrees F for 7 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown....

Photobucket

This plate of cookies lasted no longer than four minutes as it was set on the kitchen island directly within the traffic pattern of many boys and nearly grown men running through the kitchen. What with pie-making season approaching, you'll have ample opportunity to make this. Have fun and thanks for listening!


4 comments:

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog said...

That sounds (& looks) RATHER delicious! :)

loves2spin said...

I've often done that with pie crust leftovers, but it never occurred to me to cut them into cookies! I could make a Whole Batch for a party! Love this tip!

Kristin said...

This reminds me so much of mom (except hers were round). Nice to see the tradition being passed on.

Cathy Pieroz said...

Such a clever idea for the leftovers, and looks absolutely delicious! - Cathy Pieroz at Ray White Alexandra Hills