Friday, August 24, 2012

Tomato Chips

Photobucket

These are so easy to make and so good and simple. I made nine dehydrator sheets worth and am storing them in this air-tight container...

Photobucket

Baby Hippo eats bowl-fulls every day...

Photobucket

Here's how... Simply slice tomatoes in about 1/8-inch slices, then drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and shake on some garlic salt, then gently stir to mix. Dehydrate in a food dehydrator for 24 to 48 hours, depending on the humidity in your area, until they are dry and firm. They will still be a little bendy. Enjoy!!


6 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh my! I must make these or come visit you & eat them...one or the other.

Emily Heizer Photography said...

What are they like? Are they similar to sun dried tomatoes, but without the oil? chewy, or crispy, or... ?

Daily Vegans said...

These look so yummy... We are going to have to try this.

alessandra said...

If only I had the dehydrator and the patience! They look yummy! :D

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Emily, they are somewhere between crispy and chewy. It's kind of hard to explain! hahaha... And yes, I think they are similar to sun-dried tomatoes, and I use them in recipes that call for such.

pest control company gold coast said...

Now this is the real tomato chips. I'll make myself at home for my family. This is very healthy.