Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Whole Grain Flax Seed Waffles

Photobucket

So I've finally figured out the secret to preventing waffles from getting soggy while you're waiting for the batch to finish cooking. What I did tonight was heat my oven to 170 degrees, then, as each waffle was finished, I placed it inside the oven directly on the rack. When I was finally finished with all 9 waffles, they were crisp and warm and delicious. Here's a new hearty recipe I tried this evening. I found the original at allrecipes.com HERE, but I made a few adaptations to call it my own. Hope you enjoy! Oh, and HERE'S the nutrition data, minus the flax seed meal, as the data wasn't available.




Ingredients
2eggs, beaten
cups milk
¼cup canola oil
¾cup grated zucchini
1teaspoon vanilla extract
1cup whole wheat pastry flour
½cup flax seed meal
¼cup oatmeal
¼cup all-purpose flour
4teaspoons baking powder
1tablespoon sugar
¼teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Blend zucchini in blender until smooth.
2. In a bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
3. Whisk in dry ingredients until smooth.
4. Pour about ¾ cup batter onto waffle iron and cook until browned.


No comments: