Monday, August 6, 2012

One Random Hour in My Life

These photos were all taken within the time frame of about an hour this afternoon. I used different editing techniques with each photo, so they may all have a different feel. Thanks for listening!

Green chile, waiting to be bottled....

Photobucket

The 2-year-old boy, having fallen off the couch, onto the protective pillows, then having rolled onto the rug. None of this woke him up.

Photobucket

The 2-year-old's bedroom, featuring a quilt made by my amazing sister and brother-in-law....

Photobucket

Church clothes waiting to be ironed....

Photobucket

Laundry drying....

Photobucket

A random watermelon seed someone spit by the court, having grown into a watermelon patch...

Photobucket

The 17-year-old girl, having just finished her chores, off to be with boys.....

Photobucket

What you see when you walk into my front door....

Photobucket

Chile, almost finished being bottled...

Photobucket

Twin A, having fallen asleep downstairs....

Photobucket

Twin B, having fallen asleep downstairs....

Photobucket

The 6-year-old boy, having fallen asleep downstairs....

Photobucket

Chick pea chocolate chip cookies, dehydrating...

Photobucket

Kale John thoughtfully planted for me, about to be juiced....

Photobucket


7 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely photos. So glad to have you back.

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Baby Hippo looks so grown up!!!

I cannot even believe that you seriously had a WHOLE WATERMELON PLANT that grew from a spittled seed!!!!!!! Seriously?! That is wild!!! I can't grow anything from a seed, even when I plant it deliberately, and follow all the package directions, and water and fertilize faithfully!!!! What the heck!!! lol And you just spit and plants grow!!!


I love the green chillis! Now, what will you do with all of those?!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hahaha, Emily! Your comments often crack me up! I think it grew there because that patch gets watered ever day because of the pines.....

And we will use the chile for enchiladas, and quesadillas, and chile con queso and a ton of other stuff! It's going to be awesome! :)

loves2spin said...

What a breath of fresh air. :D Your children are beautiful. The watermelon is marvelous. (Can I come help eat it? ;) I am inspired by the chilis. I have an avalanche of jalepenos this year and don't know what to do with the extras. We eat the, I use them to make salsa, and can salsa, but now I wish I had grown chilis too! Next Year.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Very helpful. Keep up the good work. I'm following now.

Kristin said...

That was surprisingly touching! You are such a word and picture artist. I LOVE the picture of the 18 year old girl = I can totally see her smile and hear her voice.

Rose Bruno Bailey said...

I was a vegetarian for ten years, then I regressed. Since moving to CA I was a vegetarian for two years, and since I have started eating fish and I have removed all grain from my diet. Now, this is not what I like to eat, but I am trying this to see how I feel.

I think it is amazing how you are raising your children. I look forward to trying some of your veg recipes on my cheat days. I am on day four of my no grain challenge.