Monday, December 21, 2009

Homemaker Monday: Packing List for 10 and Yet Another New Website!

Welcome to the 72nd weekly edition of...


Thank you for joining us! If you're new to this carnival and would like to enter your post, please check HERE for the rules and regs.

Before I introduce YOURS, MINE, and OURS, I am happy to announce the winner of the HotSlings Baby Carrier! First let me thank all of our entrants for making this so fun! I loved getting your comments and retweets everyday, so thank you! After going to random dot org, the generated winner was .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

JESSICA from "Jessica's Treasures"! Jessica is the cutest girl with the cutest blog about family, life, thifting, decorating and DIY. She is going to look just darling in her new sling....oh, and so is her baby! Congratulations, Jessica! Just email me your mailing address (at mom2my9 [at] gmail [dot] com) as soon as possible so we can try to get it there before Christmas.

Okay, on to Homemaker Monday!

YOURS: This week's "YOURS" goes to Tara over at "Feels Like Home" for her post on Candy Cane Cheesecake! What could be a better dessert for the holidays? Just look at the glory of it...



As the 9-year-old boy was looking over my shoulder as I copied this photo, he was making all kind of guttural noises expressing extreme desire for this cheesecake! I can't wait to try it, if not just to see the satisfaction on his face! Tara, as always, thank you so much for linking up every Monday! Your posts are always amazing and your blog is inspiring. For Tara's recipe, click HERE. We look forward to seeing much more from you in the New Year!

MINE: Although we love spending Christmas at home, this year we look forward to traveling for two weeks to visit Grandma in our U.S. border town, then off to Central Texas to visit an aunt and an uncle, attend a wedding, then finally visit another Grandpa and Grandma. For some reason, I'm going to post our packing list (excluding John stuff), just in case you care...

Shirts - 63
Pants - 63
Undies - 63
Bras - 6
Socks - 63 matching pairs
Everyday Shoes - 9 pairs
Sunday Shoes - 9 pairs
White button-down Sunday shirts - 6
Sunday slacks - 6
Ties - 6
Belts - 4
Sunday dresses - 3
Sweaters - 9
Coats - 9
Beanies - 8
PJs - 14
Sleepers - 35
Thermometer
Motrin
Benadryl
Saline Nasal Drops
Pre-natal Vitamins
Iron
Thyroid med
Singulair
Neosporin
Band-aids
Prozac (just kidding!)
Lens Cleaners
Diapers - 140
Boxes of Wetwipes - 2
Brushes - 2
Hair rubberbands - 14
Hair Straightener
Hair Spray
Hair Glue
Hair Wax
Lotion
Make-up
Baby books - 9
Grown-up books - 6
Earrings - 14
Scaves - 7
Laptop
Charger
Cell Phone (Mexican and US)
Cell Phone Chargers
Camera
Camera cord
Camcorder
Camcorder charger
Passports
Pack'n'Play cribs - 2
Stuffed animals -3
Blankets - 9
Pillows - 9
Piano music
PS2
PS2 Paraphernalia
Gift for Mom (homemade fire starters)

Okay, I'm tired now. I think that's it. Let me know if you think I forgot anything and wish me luck!

And now to announce my new website.....

It seems as though many people are fascinated with Mega-Family living. Thus, I have started a website that lists bloggers with 7 to 37 children. Yes, I have found a family with 37 children. Plus, Mega-Families love to read about equally large or larger families who are experiencing the same challenges and joys they are.

So, if you love to read about Mega-Families or if your family can't legally fit into a Yukon XL (you have 7 children or more) and would like to get on the list, click the button below to join...


We already have over 25 Mega-Family listings and we hope you'll come take a look! :)

OURS: Okay, what do all of you heavenly homemakers have for us today? I get so much out of your posts and I truly appreciate you linking up every week. Thanks for joining us today and I hope your holiday season is going splendidly!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! I can't believe I won! I haven't ever won a giveaway before! Thanks so much!

Cheryl B. said...

My posting / link today is one I had promised to do for you. (yeah, it was a while back that I actually promised it .... - better late than never? )

We have over seventeen kids when you count in our "part-time" kids .... five of whom even 'officially' lived here for awhile ... it use to be 'the norm' to have 15 to 20 for Sunday dinner ..... And up till a year ago we did do formal Christmas dinner for all of them and gave each one a gift ....

But I know that is different than what your new site is aimed towards ;-}

Three sites now? So much for spending less time at the computer ;-b

alessandra said...

Congrats for the new website...and I suppose you already packed, or not? if not, you did a great list, when we leave, at least I check that we have money, the passports, and the tickets ;-)
just kidding!
Oh, and that cake is gorgeous.

Lydia said...

I have a very similar list saved on my computer for when we travel. it saves time to not have to type it every time.

Amanda B. said...

I think I would need the prozac with a list like that!!! Wow!! Do you rent a moving truck to haul it all! ;)

Have a great trip and a great Christmas! :)

MBC Scrapbooking said...

holy cow, and I always think that I pack a lot for our family!!

Have a safe trip and a wonderful Christmas:)

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Yeah! :) Thanks for featuring me! It is such an honor to be chosen from all of the great posts shared here every week.

I'm giddy. What a great gift!

Good luck with all of that packing, and have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

I am going to show this list to my husband so he will quit calling me a heavy packer...hahaha This is one of his reasons why we just got a suburban...LOL I do pack a lot and dont use some of what I pack but this list brings a new meaning to heavy packer! WOW~ I remember when we rented a 15 paseenger van for only 8 of us to go down to the colonies and I still had that sucker packed so tightly.

I hope you have fun. Merry Christmas.

Your new website is a great idea. 6is a common number but over that when they can't fit in a "Yukon XL" is a BIG FAMILY........LOL