Wednesday, August 4, 2010

He's in Steerage Now

Before my husband was lucky enough to find me and my then six kids, he had a job that, for years, took him around the world. During the first conversation my kids had with him, there was no country they could mention that he hadn't visited. And of course, since he was the Northern Hemisphere Regional Manager of an lucrative electronics company, he ALWAYS flew first class.

Well, things have changed. His current job keeps him pretty much in one place, expect for the occasional trip to the regional office in Boston, and now, when we go on vacation, he has to fly in "steerage" (his word) with the rest of us.

And this is how he gets there...

Photobucket

Sorry life isn't so glamorous for you anymore, Hun, but you said it's worth it.... right?

Thanks for listening!


Today on...

-life in mexico {and other places} a picture a day: {twins eating cherries}
-365 Days of TV-Free Toddler Time: No-Cost Arcade Time!
-Fotografia Colonia: Savannah - 9 Days Old

10 comments:

alessandra said...

Hahaha, beautiful!
How can't it be worth? He has the most precious jewels with him ;)

Tonya Gunn said...

So sweet that you have such a loving husband!

Anonymous said...

Worth it & SOOOO much more dear!

Lindsey said...

That picture is awesome:)

eileen said...

that is an AWESOME PICTURE!!

Denise@thesassyhomemaker said...

They actually ride the suitcases? I LOVE it!

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

Hi Jen :-)
"Cheaper By The Dozen" does NOT mean that it's cheaper to raise a dozen, than it is to just raise three kids ;-) The 'cheaper' part is that you find 'cheaper' ways to do every-thing!

On the flip-side - the amount of 'special moments' and blessings you accumulate with a family the size of a dozen also far out numbers the ones accumulated with smaller families ....

For the record, yes I realize that you do not *yet have a dozen children. But when you take the number of children still to home and add in the two parents ...

*yet .... I'll know when you again serve him cake in bed for breakfast o;-p

Anonymous said...

Thats so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blogs, but you really impress me, also I have a few questions like to ask, what's your contact details?

-Johnson

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hi there, Anonymous. Thank you for your comment. My email address is mom2my9(at)gmail.com. Looking forward to your questions!