Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

This mix is adapted from my all-time favorite cookie recipe. Enjoy!

For the mix:

Ingredients:
18 cups flour
8 teaspoons salt
8 teaspoons baking soda
6 cups white sugar
6 cups brown sugar
8 cups butter, softened

Directions:

1. Whisk all dry ingredients together for about 5 minutes, until completely blended.

2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.

3. Divide into 8 Ziploc bags and store for up to 1 month in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.

For the cookies:

Ingredients:
1 bag Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix at room temperature
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Combine Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, eggs and vanilla and stir by hand until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips

2. Drop rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.

Notes:

1. It's important that the cookie mix be at room temperature before mixing together with the wet ingredients or it will not mix properly.

2. The 10-year-old boy, while mixing a batch a cookies, commented that 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla did not seem to be enough liquid to give the dough the right consistency. I told him that if he just kept stirring, he would see that the dough comes out perfect. Don't worry!

P.S. My sister and I are finally getting skinnier!
See how we're doing it HERE! :)

1 comment:

Flora said...

These are fabulous cookies. Could you take a photo of the bowl you use to make these in? I ended up getting a bunch of bowls dirty because it made more than I was expecting. If I could get as fast at making this mix as I can make one batch of cookies, I would be thrilled. Seriously, what kind of bowl do you use?

Flora (I'm Barbara Jo Hatch's aunt from Canada.)