Sunday, August 28, 2011

Homemaker Monday: Chocolate Squash Cupcakes! (Or Muffins?)

Photobucket

Okay, I'm throwing this up really quick, without doing the "YOURS" section of Homemaker Monday, because I just don't have time to do any better today.

So I was introduced to this recipe by the 22-year-old girl. The original poster actually calls it a brownie recipe, but to me, it is too cake-y to be considered so. Plus, maybe the one pictured above can't even be considered cake because I only sprinkled it with brown sugar, making it more of a muffin. I just don't know. Call them what you will, but when I passed the chocolate-frosted version around at the high school football game, calling them chocolate squash cupcakes, most people, especially the close-minded men around, shunned me. I eventually did talk them into trying some, however, and they always came running back for more. I promise you your kids nor husband will have any idea that this recipe is teaming with squash. Hope you enjoy! (Original recipe HERE.)

Chocolate Squash Cupcakes

<p>No one will know this recipe is teaming with nutritious spaghetti squash!</p>

See Chocolate Squash Cupcakes on Key Ingredient.


Ingredients

2 cups flour
1½ cups granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp vanilla
½ cup oil
2 cups cooked spaghetti squash

Directions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F degree.

2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.

3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.

4. Bake in a greased 9 × 13 inches pan at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes or in a cupcake tin for 15 to 18 minutes.

5. When cooled, frost as desired.



3 comments:

Hi, I'm Aleisha! said...

Wow! What a lovely blog you have...and what an amazing mother you must be! I am absolutely thrilled I stumbled upon your blog. Can't wait to read more from you! Best wishes, to my fellow Mormon mama! Have a good week! http://callmemamaleisha.blogspot.com

Hi, I'm Aleisha! said...

Oh! I'm a new follower! Hooray!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Thank you so much for hosting again...It's been awhile since I linked up, but it is very nice to be back here.

~Bibi @ Frugal Wannabe Cooks~