Monday, December 26, 2011

High School Chorus.... What I do when I'm not changing diapers...

As you may have noticed, my blogging has decreased somewhat over the past month or so. As I explained a couple of weeks ago, I've been CRAZY busy preparing performances with various musical groups. My favorite group to work with, however, is our high school chorus, of which the 15-year-old boy and 16-year-old girl are a part. I'd like to share some photos. These were taken by a dear and beautiful friend as I played the piano during our Christmas concert... this friend, of whom there are over 6000 photos on Facebook, but this is one of my favorites...

Photobucket

{I love you, A~!}

Before we begin, however, let me express to ALL of the students, in addition to the soloists, how much I love each and every one of you and adore working with you. You ALL are amazing to me!

Let's begin.....

The 16-year-old girl, an alto, or soprano, whatever you want her to be, one of the hardest-working, most talented, morally courageous people know, one of my favorite people to spend time with, preparing to sing Phantom of the Opera's "All I Ask of You"...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

....and now singing, with her bass counterpart....

Photobucket

...and here, singing The Beetle's "Let It Be"...

Photobucket

....and finally, here, singing Cats' "Memory". She was beautiful in her black dress with dry ice fog floating up around her ankles....

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Here, a soprano, and one of my favorite girls in town, singing a gospel spiritual, "Oh Happy Day"...

Photobucket

And here, the afore-mentioned bass counterpart, a serious, responsible amazingly talented perfectionist (who can cut loose every so often), singing "Stars" from Les Miserables....

PhotobucketPhotobucket

...and here, playing the bass during a performance of Elvis Presley's "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"...

Photobucket

...with these tenors....

PhotobucketPhotobucket

...and here, singing "I See the Light" from Tangled....

Photobucket

....with this alto, a beautiful girl, both inside and out, who hails from South Africa...

Photobucket

....and also dances...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

....along with these other talented musicians....

PhotobucketPhotobucket

...and here, singing "The Prayer"...

Photobucket

....with this tenor, who completely captures the hearts of everyone who hears him sing, and has a heart of gold himself...

Photobucket

And sing he can....here, performing "O Sole Mio"...

Photobucket

...and here, cracking a rare smile....

Photobucket

I feel so honored and privileged to be able to work with these amazing, dedicated, hard-working, talented students. But mostly importantly, I need to thank our chorus director for the countless hours she spends working with us, poring over and choosing music, worrying and fighting for the rights of these kids to learn the arts, and being there for all of us. We love you, M~!

Thanks for listening! :)



4 comments:

Ika Devita Susanti said...

The perform looks great. I hope I can hear the sound and voice too.

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

Your DAUGHTER IS beautiful! It beams forth from inside of her!

That's a lot of costume changes. Having served as stage manager for several of our church's drama presentations - I know what all that involves!!!

I also know it from the parents providing the outfits point of view.

Glad everything went off smoothly!

trooppetrie said...

they look like they did a amazing job, your daughter is very pretty

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Thank you for your sweet comments about my daughter, everyone! :)