Sunday, December 11, 2011

Homemaker Monday: Patience

Welcome to the 163rd weekly edition of...


Thank you for joining us! If you're new to this carnival and would like to enter your post, please check HERE for the rules and regs.

YOURS: This week's "YOURS" goes to Cheryl over at "The Bz House"! Cheryl, a great friend I've met through the blogging world, posted a tip on how to keep water from boiling over a pot, and because this happens all too often in my house, I had to take a look. I can't believe how simple an idea this is and I can't wait to try it! To read Cheryl's tip, go HERE. Thanks so much for linking up, Cheryl! :)

MINE: Patience. John prays for it, and he says it comes in the form of a new (or two) little being we've co-created with God every, roughly, 22.5 months. People tell me that they would never have the patience to raise ten children, but I am no different than anyone else when it comes to patience. Patience came gradually, one child after another, one trial after another, and sometimes, one disappointment after another.

But having this many children is refining, to both John's character and mine, and we wouldn't trade it for anything. The ups definitely outweigh the downs and we feel so blessed we have been given this opportunity to raise and care for these special spirits of God He has sent to us. And here, I want to share a few photos of John doing his thing with the kids. This is entirely the norm, every week.... every day.... and sometimes every hour..... and John loves it, haha, most of the time!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I love these men in my life, both big and little. Thanks for your patience, John. I learn from you every day. :)

Thanks for listening! :)

OURS: Okay, now it's your turn! Can't wait to see what homemaking projects you've got going on. Thanks so much for your visits and links and I hope you have a wonderful Homemaker Monday! :)



8 comments:

Ika Devita Susanti said...

SO CUTE! That's all I can say about your boys. The little boys, of course ;). Patience has always been my lesson of life ;)

Dianna said...

Some days I feel like I need patience lessons, and I only have two kids! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a fabulous Christmas with your boys!

Panamamama said...

The kids are getting big! So cute.

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

Hi Jen :->
Our network connection was off all week - so much for my juggling abilities 8-b - so I had not linked up what I had intended too, nor had I even seen this posting.

THANKS for the honorable mention!!! I'm going to go post about it!

So... just curious... did you mention all of your children because there is another one on the way? If not. that's fine! At least by me. I do NOT mean to resurrect your pain!!!

I thought after raising our four sons that I had gained TONS of patience. I might have. But now little Miss Analyse is teaching "gaa--ma" that I need even more. o;-p

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

This meme has been added to the list of Monday creative linkies at Link Rink.

Carla said...

Precious! Wouldn't you say Patience comes from joys too? Have a Merry Christmas:)

Danna said...

I LOVE the pictures of your younger boys and your husband! It looks just like my house every evening. Except that we only have 2 boys (3 & 5).