Monday, September 19, 2011

38 Ways I Am Superwoman

Addendum: Ladies (and gentlemen?), my purpose in writing this post isn't to impress you, it is to celebrate our role as homemakers and/or mothers. As you read, think of how YOU are Superwoman, too! We each have our own ways we are amazing! I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

1. I can flip a broom from sweeping position to dustpan position with one hand, like a nunchuck warrior.

2. I can drop-shoot a poopy diaper into a trash can from thirty feet.

3. I can bank-shoot square blocks into a toy box from across the room.

4. I can tell which twin needs me by the barely perceptible difference in their vocal cords.

Photobucket

5. I can carry a 27-pound baby on my hip for two hours.

Photobucket

6. I can breastfeed while riding a horse.

7. I can easily prepare a meal for 60 people.

Photobucket

8. I can feed lunch to nine extra teenagers without notice.

9. I can make a pie crust without hydrogenated oil.

Photobucket

10. I can go from housewife attire to going-out wear in 7 minutes.

11. I can keep track of ten church outfits, including mini shoes and ties, and have each child donned in them before 8:30 on Sunday morning.

12. I can function on five hours of sleep for three years.

13. I can make bread out of nothing but sprouted wheat, raisins and salt.

14. I can go for years without a doctor visit, healing aches, pains, and sicknesses with herbs and other natural remedies.

15. I can feed a family of 10 at McDonald's for $13.

16. I can play Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata with a baby on my lap.


17. I can sit in the hot summer sun for three hours to watch a high school football game.

18. I can get enough protein into my teenage son without using meat to help make him an amazing athlete on game day, one of the fastest on the team.

Photobucket

19. I can pick up things with my toes to avoid bending over when there is a large fetus taking up most of my abdomen.

20. I can run down the hallway without peeing in my pants.

21. With the right small appliance, and a husband who was willing to purchase it for me, I can make 8 loaves of 100% whole wheat bread at a time.

Photobucket

22. I can fold a fitted sheet to a perfect rectangle in 55 seconds.

23. I can remember to keep on hand at all times everything required to make chocolate chip cookies.

24. I can tune out 4 screaming kids, and 3 fighting ones, while I'm driving.

25. I can make a dress, and wear it to church.

26. I can be on time for the 8 daily trips to the school.

27. I have eyes in the back of my head.

28. I can endure never-ending laundry without screaming.

29. I can heal a wound.... just by kissing it.

30. I can forgive.

31. I can grocery shop while miscarrying.

32. I can remember the exact dates of favorite loved one's passings.

33. I can remember all ten birth weights and dates of my children.


34. I can make a cake without a mix.

35. I can clean up a quart of molasses off the floor.


36. I can change a poopy diaper while experiencing morning sickness without throwing up.

37. I can breastfeed two babies at one time.

38. I can endure agonizing pain for 15 hours and happily smile when it's over as my husband and I cradle our newborn baby in our arms.


See, being a housewife isn't so boring after all. What makes YOU Superwoman?


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breast feed while riding a horse....hahhaa HILLARIOUS! You are AMAZING

Morganne Romney said...

Pretty dang amazing for sure. I am wondering about that 100% whole wheat bread though, i am very interested in giving it a try if your willing to share the recipe?

Morganne

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow this was fun reading!

Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow wow woozier you are amazing! Thank you for sharing, it makes me feel how terrific we stay at home moms are. How do you not get frazzled and overwhelmed fearful etc?

Rebecca said...

Enduring the laundry without screaming impresses me the most. Although the horseback riding while nursing is quite stunning. I have to agree, you are Superwoman!

Unknown said...

I'm impressed. I can't do those things. Hmmm...I don't know if I could come up with a list like that.

Steph said...

love this post! but seriously, how do you feed 10 people at mcdonalds for $13? I spend at least that much for 4 people.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Morganne, I just added the link to my bread recipe on #21. So happy that you left a comment on my blog. Do you know how to work with yeast? If not, try this post....

http://rtheyallyours.blogspot.com/2008/10/16-year-refrigeratot-potato-rolls_27.html

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Anonymous, I do often get frazzled and overwhelmed and even fearful. I try to keep calm during those times, and it is one of my biggest challenges. I don't always succeed, but I'm always trying to do better.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Steph, we eat from the dollar menu and we all get tap water!

Lydia said...

Love your list it is great!!!

Laurie said...

Well, I'v known you were amazing for years but this was really insightful and fun to read. I, too, am most impressed by the equine nursing feat. Was that for fun or out of necessity??!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Laurie, we took Conor and Bethany horseback riding when Kyla was a baby and I went along. She got hungry and wouldn't stop crying, so I while riding the horse, I nursed her! So, I guess it was out of fun AND necessity!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Dixie Mom, you may not have the same talents and abilities I have, but you have all your own Superwoman powers!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

What a fun post!

Emily said...

You are a super woman, having ten kids makes you one!

Expat Mom said...

I had to read this to my parents! It was too funny. My dad is very impressed with the breastfeeding while riding a horse and my mom said you're amazing for running without peeing your pants after so many kids, lol. Great post.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Haha, Expat! What a great compliment that you thought this post was worthy to read to your parents! I'm glad I could entertain you for a second! :)

Sarah said...

I am so impressed with feeding 60 without problem and the nine extra teenagers! I am definitely done with nursing and am rarely on a horse, so that is one skill I will never attain, but the ability to entertain so many easily is one I would love to here more about. Maybe a post about what you keep on hand in the pantry and produce and how to translate that into healthy meals that can fill so many! I struggle when we have another couple over! I never am quite sure how much to make of anything.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Sarah, that is such a great idea for a post! I'm going to do it!

PERMANENT POSIES said...

I cannot compete with that...haha. But....I need your 100% whole wheat bread recipe. Looks yummy.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

You have many unique talents all your own, Posies! For the recipe, just click the colored link in #21. We made 8 loaves just today! Have a great day!

Agy said...

Hi awesome mummy! I loved reading this post (even tho I'm poofed from the wkend taking care of the family). Inspirational and gave me a big smile :-)
Hugs, Agy (another mummy)

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

Jen, In going through the emails still in my inbox I re-came across this posting. I had thought about doing a similar one of my own.. decided not to right now - so much else I want to post about.

But, I have wondered, did you ever read the posting I did about miscarriage? You can find it here --> http://thebzhousethatlovebuilt.blogspot.com/2011/07/miscarriages-emotional-roller-coasters.html