Sunday, September 19, 2010

Homemaker Monday: Crispy Creamy Doughnuts: The Best Doughnut Recipe We've Ever Tried!

Try the new thumbnail linky today!

Welcome to the 104th weekly edition of...


Thank you for joining us! If you're new to this carnival and would like to enter your post, please check HERE for the rules and regs.

YOURS: This week's "YOURS" goes to Kristen over at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker! She posts a how-to on making homemade ice cream sandwiches. Need I say more?...

Photobucket

Go HERE for her recipe. Thanks, Kristen! I can definitely see myself preparing these tomorrow for when the kids come home. Thanks so much for linking up and we'll look forward to your future inspiration!

MINE: Now I'm certainly not one to shy away from a yeast recipe, and I've tried many yeasty doughnut recipes, but they've all turned out heavy and dry.

Wednesday night, however, the 15-year-old girl got the urge to make doughnuts and when she gets an urge, there is no stopping her. So, as we always do, she went to allrecipes.com and found a recipe called "Crispy Creamy Doughnuts". My advice to her when looking for a good recipe at this website is to check the number of votes and the rating. This recipe has 536 votes with a 4.5 star average, so we knew it was a keeper.

So if you've read my posts over the past week, you know that I am on a weight-loss plan. These doughnuts, however, totally messed me up, so we won't be making these often, but when we're feeling like indulging, we'll head to this recipe.

Because I'm lazy and tired, I'm not going to copy the recipe here, but you can go to the allrecipes.com link HERE. You won't be disappointed, I promise you, unless you don't know how to cook.

One last thing, making this recipe with little ones is totally fun, too. See?...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thanks for listening!

OURS: Okay, your turn! If this is your first time, please feel free to dig through your archives and post anything homemaking. Thanks for visiting and linking up and have a wonderful Homemaker Monday!

But first, check out what's going on on some of my other blogs!

-365 Days of TV-Free Toddler Time: Amusement Park Time!
-life in mexico {and other places} a picture a day: {a lazy day}

9 comments:

Katie Riddle said...

Ooooh,my. Homemade doughnuts and ice cream sandwiches. I'm Done for.

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

It sure does look like your kids had a great time making those yummy doughnuts! Thanks for sharing the link to the recipe. Kristen's ice cream sandwiches look amazing too. I've posted a link to my cinnamon dolce latte cake - probably not so good for the diet either, but nice for a treat! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

Panamamama said...

There are some great ones on there today! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love to see your kids in the kitchen. Have a good day I am going to get a doughnut! LOL

Alison said...

Looks like they had a wonderful time in the kitchen! what a great memory!!!

Elsa said...

I have to make these doughnuts, they look amazing! And your kitchen is gorgeous!

Keeley said...

Oh my gosh that sounds sooooooo good.

threesidesofcrazy said...

It looks like you had more fun making them! They look yummy!

Annie Kate said...

That looks like so much fun! Yum, yum, yum!

This is my first time here, and I feel at home already. :) I'll be text-linking to you in my sidebar.

Annie Kate