Sunday, October 10, 2010

Homemaker Monday: Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers

Welcome to the 108th weekly edition of...


Thank you for joining us! If you're new to this carnival and would like to enter your post, please check HERE for the rules and regs.

YOURS: I'll add this portion later today.... (Sorry)

MINE: Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers!

Photobucket

So on Saturday, John took the 10- and 4-year-old boys and the twins to the 14-year-old boy's football game in Arizona, some 5 and a half hours away. Because Baby Hippo doesn't travel well, I opted to stay home with him, and so did the girls, perhaps to take a break from the boys, perhaps because it was a long drive, or perhaps because they just wanted to stay home and help me cook and clean all day. I'm sure that's why.

Anywho, the 15-year-old girl thought she'd try a new recipe for lunch, so, as always, she went to allrecipes.com and came up with the following DELICIOUS stuffed mushroom appetizer.

And guess what. I went to a huge amount of trouble (just because I love you) to enter each and every ingredient, plus their portions, at nutritiondata.com, one of my all time favorite food info sites, and have provided for you a link to this recipe's nutrition data. And just so you know, six of these stuffed mushrooms only have 187 calories, which fits perfectly into my diet plan! Yay!

Okay, hope you love 'em!

Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers

<p>A delicious, healthy way to eat vegetables!</p>

See Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers on Key Ingredient.


Ingredients

2 slices whole wheat bread
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
24 medium sized mushrooms
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup green peppers, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne peper
1/4 tsp dried thyme

Directions

Step 1. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems; measure 1 cup (discard any remaining stems or save for another use).

Step 2. In a skillet, saute chopped mushrooms, garlic, onion and green pepper in butter until vegetables are tender and mushroom liquid has evaporated.

Step 3. Toast bread, then process in a food processor until they become crumbs or crumble by hand. Add bread crumbs, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, thyme and paprika to the sauteed mixture; mix well.

Step 4. Stuff into mushroom caps then sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes or until heated through.

For complete nutrition date, go HERE.

OURS: Okay, I'm excited to see what homemaking tips you've got for us today. If this is your first time visiting, feel free to dig through your archives and link up anything homemaking! Have a WONDERFUL Homemaker Monday!



PSSST! To find great deals on fun stuff to do in your area, go HERE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing

alessandra said...

Wow, they sound delicious, and the photo is great!
I know you love us, we love you too ( I can say it because I can read all your readers' minds and hearts ;) LOL!

Julie said...

Thanks for hosting, the stuffed mushrooms look amazing!

Elsa said...

I made stuffed mushrooms and wrote about them on my post asking for a new recipe. Then I checked your blog and you have a mushroom recipe!! :) They look yummy, I will try them.

Tasha Lehman said...

Oh my husband would LOVE these! Great game day appetizer!

Annie Kate said...

That looks so good! I'm giving the recipe to my 12 year old daughter who also loves to cook. What a blessing these girls are!

Annie Kate

PS I put a link to Homemaker Mondays on my sidebar! :)