Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nutrition Data for Vegan Lime "Cheese" Cake

So yesterday, in preparation for a raw foods class I'll be giving later on in the week, I made THIS vegan lime "cheese" cake again...

Photobucket

I posted this recipe in April of '09, but I thought it'd be fun if today I posted it's nutrition data. The complete chart is HERE, but to summarize, while this recipe is high in calories (424 per serving) and fat (35 grams), it is low on the Glycemic Index scale, with a rating of only 12! That makes it, according to my very limited and unprofessional knowledge, a good dessert choice for diabetics.

So, if you want a delicious, sweet treat that won't sent your blood sugar soaring, try this recipe!

P.S. I had to make a couple of substitutions at nutritiondata.com, as there were no ingredient choices for lime zest or agave nectar, but other than that, the recipe is accurate.



PSSST! To find great deals on fun stuff to do in your area, go HERE!

2 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Is there alot of sugar in agave nectar?

And HOLY COW that is alot of calories!!!

I haven't heard from you lately Jen! ... :(

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hey Emily! Agave nectar is kind of a concentrated sweetener that is low on the Glycemic Index. However, there is a lot of debate as to whether it is better for you than sugar or not, so my advice would be to do research on it.

As far as the caloric intake, it has about the same amount of calories as a slice of turtle cheesecake, but is much better for you, with no animal fats and less sugar!

I'm sorry I haven't gotten in touch with you recently. I think about you all the time. We'll talk soon. :)