Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Family: John


John is the love of my life. He is the most thoughtful, considerate, selfless person I have ever known. Being married to him makes me the happiest person in the world. We were married nearly three years ago, when he was 49 and I was 35. I had six children of my own at the time of our marriage, so he went from being a bachelor of 31 years to a husband and father of six in one fell swoop. In the past three years, we have added three more wonderful children to our family and John is an excellent father. It has been said that the younger fathers that are associated with us could look to him as an example of how one should treat his family. What a compliment! This picture was taken at Basaseachi Falls in Mexico. John had taken all six kids on a three-day trip and left me at home to enjoy 72 hours of solitude six weeks before I delived the twins. That was a time to remember!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

What an amazing man. I don't know that I would take six kids to the grocery store by myself!

Anonymous said...

He is awesome, you a re lucky to have him. Now that I know you a little better I think he is also lucky to have you. You bothe are amazing....I love you guys. P.S. You are seriously like the best mom ever!!!