Friday, April 30, 2010

Omega-3 Chocolate Ice Cream

Photobucket

Have you ever heard of avocado ice cream? I know of one family who mixes avocados and milk in a blender, pops the mixture in an ice cream machine and serves it to their kids like that. I have to say that they must have taught their children at a very young age to like really gross things, because I know my kids would never eat such a thing.

So the avocado ice cream recipes I have seen in my searches at least call for sugar and spice and everything nice, but it still sounds really gross, and I've never gotten up the courage to try it. Until....

Remember that avocado/orange/chocolate pudding I made a few days ago? It really was delicious, even though my friends in the next town over had a hard time believing me. So, I got to thinking, if avocado chocolate pudding is good, I'll bet avocados would be awesome in ice cream, because of their luscious creaminess and their healthy fat content. I was right. Look at this chocolate-y goodness...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

You can be satisfied to look at all the pretty pictures, but if you'd like the recipe, come on over to my Whole Food Kids blog. Plus, I give a tip there for another use for chocolate avocado ice cream which involves cute pictures of the twins. Yes, I'm trying to tempt you. Thanks for listening.

Oh, and the following photo has nothing to do with Omega-3 Chocolate Ice Cream. I just wanted to show you how cute the 13-year-old boy looks in his father's army fatigues. He dressed up this way to participate in a school museum display....

Photobucket

Some adults visiting the school actually thought he was a real soldier and respectfully shook his hand. He loved that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome picture of Reid! He's so handsome and looks way older. It makes my heart ache some to see him in those fatigues, but I love the way he wears his dad's clothes all the time. Mom

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I know what you mean, Mom. Mixed feelings....

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

Morning Jen :-}
What a handsome, sentimental, heart warming picture of the 13 year old boy!!!! I am glad that the way the father ended his life, did not end the love for the man in this son's life!

In the 6th grade of the school our sons attended from pre - 8th grades, they did a "Family History Museum". During the week leading up to it, the kids had to make their own family tree, make and bring in a family recipe, etc.. Then on Thursday the gym was transformed into a museum and each 6th grade student set up their own 'display booth' about their family. Thursday night the doors opened and parents, grandparents, siblings and the rest of the school were invited to visit the museum. It was usually packed!

Our youngest son borrowed my cousins army dress uniform and looked mighty fine! My cousin is around 17 years younger than me, and had joined the army in his twenties. He is also a shorter, more peittely built (yes, I know guys HATE being referred to in such a way - please don't tell him ;-p) guy, so his uniform had fit my son almost like it was custom made for him.

I need to find that picture .... that is the son whom just enrolled in the navy.

Anonymous said...

If he had the glasses on, he'd look just like dad. except for the pink cheeks