Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby Hippo is One!!!

Let's start with a chronological progression of Baby Hippo's development since before he was born...

In utero...

Photobucket

First photo out of utero...

Photobucket

7 hours old, taken by my favorite professional photographer, Shauna Nielsen

Photobucket

1 month old...

Photobucket

2 months old...

Photobucket

3 months old...

Photobucket

4 months old...

Photobucket

5 months old...

Photobucket

6 months old...

Photobucket

7 months old...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

8 months old...(compare to in-utero photo above, just for fun)

Photobucket

9 months old...

Photobucket

10 months old...

Photobucket

11 months old...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And the birthday boy...!

Photobucket

He looks a little confused and concerned because of this...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

But soon he warmed up to the idea...

Photobucket

....although Twin B never did. He just solemnly held the stick the entire time....

Photobucket

Still, what with these...

Photobucket

...and this...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

(Looks a little possessive, doesn't she?)

Photobucket

...we all had a great time celebrating the anniversary of Baby Hippo's birth. Happy birthday, Baby Hippo! We love you!



P.S. My sister and I are finally getting skinnier!
See how we're doing it HERE! :)

17 comments:

alessandra said...

He's such a sweetheart! Happy birthday Baby H ;)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Thanks, Ale! :)

Jenna said...

I love that you call him Baby Hippo. And I can't believe it's been a year! Happy birthday to him!

Anonymous said...

When was his birthday and why didn't I know about it? Your mother

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I tried to call you yesterday to inform you, Mother, but we got disconnected. Remember??? :D

BarbaraJo said...

I was just thinking about baby "H" and wondering when he would turn 1. Yea! Happy Birthday!!

Carla said...

Congratulations!! What a darling! (actually all of them are;)

Jessica said...

No way is Baby Hippo ONE!?!! Wasn't he JUST BORN, lol?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Ok I will try this again.. I need to get to bed...lol


What a little cutie! Loved the pics of him each month. What a cute way to show how much he is growing!

Happy Birthday little guy!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!what a beautiful baby boy!

Pablo Smith said...

That was so heartwarming! I wish I had done that with my kids. Give him a big hug for me.

From Kristin (not Pablo)

Unknown said...

What a nice visit with Baby Hippo:) He's a real cutie!~ Come join me for What's On the Menu Wednesday whenever you can.

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday, Baby Hippo!!! Looks like a great day!! :) I love his nick name too. I also like his birthday pic where the heals of his socks are halfway up his foot. That happened to my huge kids too! :)

Cathy said...

How sweet! Happy birthday to him!

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

It had been a while since I'd stopped by, but I didn't realize it had been THAT long. I can't believe how big your twins and the baby have gotten. What little dolls they are!

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Oh my goodness. I just snorted about your mother's comment. That is exactly the kind of comment MY mother would leave on my blog, and I especially love the "Anonymous" and then the signature. :) That's what mothers are for, right?