Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How to Make An Easy Night Stand

While visiting a friend recently, I got the idea to make a simple night stand for my newly assembled guest bedroom. (Thank you, 19-year-old boy, for leaving your bedroom for me to girl up.) She used two piles of books and a TV-tray. When I expressed to her that I had lots of extra books I didn't know what to do with, but no extra TV-trays lying around at home, she dug into her storage and gave me one! What else are friends for? She blogged about her nightstand HERE, and now I'm blogging about mine....

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This came together in about half an hour, was free, and it's cute and functional. Thanks, BJ!


P.S. My sister and I are finally getting skinnier!
See how we're doing it HERE! :)

9 comments:

Laurie said...

I love this idea! But what if I want to borrow some of those books (and I think I do!)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I'm curious, Laurie, which ones? :)

BarbaraJo said...

I like the books turn sideways. Nice touch!

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy said...

What a great idea. I have piles of books. Now I can put them to good use. lol

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy
http://www.lindaslunacy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Haven't visited your blog in SO long! Love how everything looks, and love the idea for books (I have too many...almost!)
:)

Pontiac Air Conditioner Compressor said...

I wanted to thank you for this great post!! I enjoyed every little bit of it, I have you bookmarked and waiting for all the new stuff you post.

Laurie said...

Scream-free parenting called to me, don't know why because my kids are all grown up. And then there was one about getting rich...I think I saw a few others as well, maybe I'll just have to come and borrow your guest room so I can have some reading time!

alessandra said...

Wow, that is so cool! :)

Change Relationship said...

Great idea. I will try this one too.