Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Time!

The kids' grade school here in Mexico had their Halloween carnival last week, so I thought it would be timely to post pictures in case you are looking for inspiration. For even more homemade costume ideas, go to the article I wrote for Social Moms dot com.

So what are YOUR kids going to be for Halloween?

Here are the twins in random giraffe costumes we just happen to have collected from thrift stores over the years...

Photobucket

My favorite part was their makeup. The 16-year-old girl was disturbed and asked why I painted their faces like girls and that they look at Cindy Lou Who....

Photobucket

The 5-year-old boy was dressed in a borrowed clown costume and his brothers shoes. Again, I had fun doing the makeup. There are so many options for clowns. He wanted to be a happy clown, but I think eventually he became tired of doing the photo shoot...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Here, the 9-year-old girl shows no resemblance of her beautiful self in her skeleton makeup...

Photobucket

Her cloak was also borrowed...

Photobucket

The 11-year-old boy, who is currently obsessed with science, appropriately chose to dress up as Einstein. We borrowed his lab coat from the town doctor. We got this idea from my sister, who wore the same costume 25 years ago, and is now, in reality, a scientist....

PhotobucketPhotobucket

And finally, we have Baby Hippo. He wore skeleton sweats we were given, but it was nearly impossible for me to apply his makeup with him squirming around. This was the best I could do. And when he looked at himself in the mirror, he whined and said, "Carey!"...

Photobucket

And here they all are together. Sorry, but this was the best photo I could get. What kind of a photographer am I?...

Photobucket

Thanks for listening!



3 comments:

Bri Schaaf said...

So Sweet! Love all the pictures!! What creative costumes!!

Leslie Harris said...

All of the kiddies looks so cute! And I love the giraffe make-up. :)

I'm still not sure what my kiddies are going to be this Halloween, but just looking at other costumes has me super excited. :)

ccc said...

Thanks for posting this ! I think I have the perfect idea for my 12 yr old now-Einstein!