Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Have the Best Husband on the Planet....

....because he does things like crochet beanies for Baby Hippo while he's out of town....

Photobucket

(For some inexplicable reason, Baby Hippo's eyelid was swollen this day, and he was also in a bad mood (my attempt at tickling couldn't even illicit a smile), perhaps the latter being related to the former.)

When John came home and fitted this over Baby Hippo's head, I said, "You didn't make that, did you?" When he answered "Of course!", I was stunned, my mouth literally gaping open. I have no idea how to crochet. So anyways, sorry if you're jealous. Love you, John!



5 comments:

Danna said...

That is so sweet!!!!!

Danna said...

That is so sweet!!!!!

Elder Romney's mission said...

No Jen, this week ( and every week, but especially this one) I have the best husband on the planet! While I've been traipsing all over New England he has been on the home front being Mr. mom doing all the carpooling getting up and ready for school, cooking, cleaning, laundry, getting the kids to practices, school and more practices and even taking in a meal to a family who's father died! And he has even been doing his daughters hair ( I won't brag on that cuz I'm sure it wasnt anything big to look at) but here's a dad of 14.5 years who has always been cushioned with a maid and good friends to lean on but now has done it all himself! While trying to run a couple businesses on the side! I have had a great week, I just wish he had been here with me!

Elder Romney's mission said...

But John is a great husband! Miss you!

trooppetrie said...

I have always wanted to learn crotchet. I just never seem to get around