Monday, June 8, 2009

Homemaker Monday: Getting Kids to Work, Mealtime Ambience and Tear-Free Rinsing

IT LOOKS LIKE THAT DODGY MR. LINKY IS ACTING UP AGAIN. IF YOU HAVE A LINK TO ADD, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR URL IN THE COMMENTS FORM AND I WILL LINK YOU UP BY HAND AS THE DAY GOES ON. THANK YOU AND I'M SURE MR. LINKY IS DILIGENTLY TRYING TO FIX HIMSELF!

This post is in progress, but if you have your Homemaker Monday post ready, here's Mr. Linky! Thank you so much for you patience...again!

YOURS: This week's "YOURS" goes to Katie over at Kitchen Stewardship! I recently internet-met Katie through Homemaker Monday. I liked her when I first met her, but I LOVE her now because of her post on hydrogenated oil. If you've read this blog for a while, you'll know that this food additive is one of my arch enemies and I'll go to many lengths to avoid ingested it or feeding it to the dear children. Here are the subtitles of her article and it's going to make you want to jump over there to get her information!

-Controversial Fat Information Overload
-What is a trans fat?
-Why trans fats are bad for you
-How much trans fats are safe
-How to find trans fats on a ingredient label
-Is partially hydrogenated oil safer than fully hydrogenated?
-Places trans fats sneak into my house (eek!)
-A few substitution ideas

If you still eat trans fats, or if you aren't even sure what they are, you've GOT to go over and read Katie's post. Click HERE to do that. Thank you so much, Katie, for this great information. It's been awesome getting to know you!

MINE:

OURS:



If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the "Add This" button below... Thank you for your visit!

6 comments:

CompleteLee Blogger said...

Looks like Mr. Linky worked for me. Thanks for hosting again.

Katie @ Kitchen Stewardship said...

Increase Your Omega-3 fats: http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2009/06/08/monday-mission-increase-your-omega-3-fats/

Homemaker Barbi said...

Here's our frugal muffin recipe by Nessa: http://www.homemakerbarbi.com/frugal-recipes-fruit-veggies-muffins/

I had to upgrade to the Gold version of Mr. Linky to get mine to work continuously (it was only $5 more for the whole year). Have a great week!

Danelle Ice / Homemaker Barbi

Tracey said...

Here's my link for Homemaker Monday today: http://girlstogrow.blogspot.com/2009/06/seven-ways-to-let-your-husband-know-you.html

Lisa Carroll-Lee said...

Thanks for hosting this! Here's my link (not sure if Mr. Linky is working)

http://accidentalhuswife.blogspot.com/2009/04/eggs-poached-in-chili-with-greens.html

(Eat More Greens: A Simple, Spicy Meal in a Pan)

Katie @ Kitchen Stewardship said...

I feel like I got a gold star from my teacher! :) I'm tickled to be the feature this week. Thanks for taking the time to run a carnival; I love the Yours/Mine/Ours format.