Monday, January 25, 2010

I Keep Trying to Tell You....I'm a Genius

So I've written a couple of posts about my amazing nesting instincts which are currently engaged. Sometimes, though, when a nearly 40-year-old woman, pregnant with her 10th child, wants to move large pieces of furniture, the task seems insurmountable. Case in point, my attempt to move an antiqued-black wooden file cabinet from our adjoining apartment to my bedroom, which are at opposite ends of the house. As they say, though, when there's a will, there's a way...and here's my way...



I fall more in love with our Plasma Cars each day. Moving this piece of furniture down two hallways like this...



...was as easy as pie and my bedroom looks awesome now! Pictures soon.

Thanks for listening. :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Great thinking! I need some of those cars.

Cheryl B. said...

LOL!!!!! We do have some things in common ;-p Looks like what Brian would refer to as "one of my 'Lucy' stunts" o;-p

I was eight months along with either son no. 3 or 4, which actually was my 5th or 6th pregancy - and I got HUGE!!! The kind where I had this nice ledge to sit things on when I sat down ...

Any-ways, I was changing the sheets on Brian and my bed, but it was also the time of year to flip the mattress over and when I do that, I also flip it end for end. Usually, it's not too big of a deal .... but I was huge, which equaled unbendable, and there was only about two feet of space on either side of the bed, and a baby bed not two and a half feet from the end of the bed ... and I got it half way done and got stuck. The mattress was stuck, I was stuck back in a corner. S T U C K!!!

I couldn't help it, I started shaking my head and laughing at myself, which, being that pregnant meant I then HAD to go to the bathroom .... now that's motivation to get out of such a predictament. Young sons finding mom stuck back behind the matress was bad enough, but if mommy had also come out having wet herself ... I barely made it to the bathroom ;-p

By the way, I really like the cupboard!!!

alessandra said...

Hahaha, love the title!
Are we the only ones who recognise it?

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Cheryl, you always have the most interesting experiences!