1. The 20-year-old girl works with special needs adults and has grown to love them. Even if the management situation at her work isn't ideal, she has learned to get a new attitude and focus on what really matters...the patients.
2. When the 17-year-old boy met the Nickelback band signing autographs at a BestBuy recently, of all the questions he could have asked them, he asked, "Hey, why are all of your songs about drugs, sex, and booze?" Their reply? "Cuz that's all that matters, dude." Sick.
3. The 14-year-old girl cleaned all of the 3 three and under's toys from off the living room floor.....without. being. asked. HUGE!
4. When the 13-year-old boy hears one of the 3 three and under fussing, he almost always gets up to see what is wrong, even if he is sick.
5. The 9-year-old boy remembered many anecdotes from the two-day church conference he attended in Salt Lake, about which I posted HERE.
6. The 7-year-old girl rearranged her bedroom. I still can't figure out how she moves all of her furniture on her own when she does this regularly.
7. The 3-year-old is capable of gently breaking up fights between Twin A and Twin B.
8. Twin A loves to look at pictures of Jesus, and stops in his tracks and points every time he sees one, no matter how different it is from the last. Jesus was, in fact, his second word!
9. As well as loving to look at pictures of Jesus like Twin A, Twin B can communicate to me that he needs a glass of water by moving the 25-gallon stainless steel trashcan out of the way of his sippy cup drawer, fishing out a sippy cup, bringing it to me, then pointing to the water dispenser of the fridge. Who needs words when one can do this?
So, what does your family do that makes you proud?
If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the "Add This" button below... Thank you for your visit!