Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Please join us RIGHT NOW for the "Questions About Mormonism" Live Chat!

Good morning and welcome to the weekly "Questions About Mormonism Live Chat". :)



If you have ever have any questions about Mormon beliefs, lifestyle or doctrine, I will be sitting here by my computer from 10:00 to 11:45 AM MST to chat.

In searching for a message for you today, I decided to share this minute and a half video about how we can discover ways The Lord works in each of our lives daily. I hope you enjoy it....



If you would like to participate in the chat, just click on the "COMMENT (SHARE YOURS!)" link below, enter your comment in the box, then refresh the page as desired to view my response. Even if you don't have a question, please feel free to drop in and just say hi! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone convert to become a Mormon regardless of past transgressions. I know that God forgives but does the Church and members forgive as well and accept you. I know that some religions say they forgive but memebers still look down on you.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Anonymous, this is an excellent question and thank you for asking. As far as my understanding is correct, yes, anyone can be baptized into the Mormon church regardless of past transgressions. As long as the person has repented of his or her sin, that person is welcomed into our church. In fact, I have seen cases of past criminals who have been baptized into the Mormon church and there is nothing but rejoicing for these people who have turned their lives around.

Again, thank you so much for your question!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jen, for all you do. In answer to your question, Anonymous, I personally like to remember and remind myself that perfect people don't need the Savior. Only those of us who have made mistakes and hopefully learned the lessons from them can really appreciate the love Jesus Christ offers us. If others condemn you, then it is their loss. Besides, they probably will not know anything about previous transgressions unless you tell them. (That is another topic all together. It is called forgiving yourself and letting go of the sin, i.e. forgetting it).

Mom in AZ

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Mom in AZ, thank you so much for your comment. You said it perfectly. It is so true that every single one of us have made mistakes and requires the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We are all in the same boat when it comes to the need for repentance. Again, thank you for your addition!