Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Testimony of Jesus Christ

Testimony Tab:

This is my testimony of Jesus Christ.


I, as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, believe that Jesus Christ was not only an inspirational leader and teacher, but that He was The Only Begotten Son of The Father, born to the virgin Mary. I believe that He was fore-ordained from the beginning of time to be The Savior of all mankind, and were it not for the fact that He payed for all of our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane, we would remain filthy and be denied the opportunity of living with a perfect God in Heaven. How grateful I am to him for the example He set during his soujourn here on Earth and for the suffering He endured for our sakes.

During His time on Earth, Jesus Christ set up His church with His twelve disciples. We can learn about how it was organized in the New Testament. Tragically, however, He, along with all of His disciples were murdered. Paul and others tried to carry on the church the way it was intended, but eventually, it was dissolved and the world went into a self-imposed apostacy.

In the spring of 1820, a 14-year-old boy named Joseph Smith Jr. went to The Bible with a question in his heart. He wondered which of all the churches were right, and when he read James 1:5, which states, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him", he decided to act. Seeking an answer to his burning question, Joseph went into a quiet grove of trees to pray to God, The Father. While he was in the midst of his prayer, he saw a pillar of light, brighter than the noonday sun, and descending from it were God, The Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.


God introduced His Son to Joseph Smith by addressing Joseph and saying, "This is My Beloved Son. Hear him." Joseph Smith was then told that none of the churches were right and that he should join none of them, but that he would do a work among the children of men and restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ that had been taken away so many hundreds of years before. Over the next four years, Joseph Smith received a number of Heavenly visitations and instructions of the things which he should do. One of the things he was told to do was to retrieve a set of gold plates on which scripture was written by prophets long ago on the American continent. Joseph Smith retrieved these plates, and with the help of his wife and a man named Oliver Cowdrey, he translated the writings on these plates into a book called The Book of Mormon, named after the prophet who compiled and abridged the writings during his time on Earth between 300 and 400 A.D.

Since the publication of The Book of Mormon, over 13.5 million people on Earth have been introduced to it's message and have accepted it as the word of God. We 13.5 million people believe in Joseph Smith's vision and that God has restored his original church in this day and age and that it is led by a prophet, like Moses, Abraham or Isaiah, who communes with and speaks for God.

I believe that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the one and only true church on the face of the earth and that mankind can find the ultimate happiness by abiding by its teachings and precepts. I believe that marriage continues after death, through all eternity, and not just "until death do we part", thus enabling families to be "sealed" together forever.

I am so thankful that I have the true gospel in my life and that we have a living prophet who communes with the Savior. I am also grateful that I know God lives and knows the hearts of each and every one of us and can and will guide us in our personal lives if we will but ask of Him and be faithful to His commandments.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

(To learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, click HERE.)

If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the "Add This" button below... Thank you for your visit!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou, I think you did a great job of summing that up plainly.

Cheryl B. said...

just a ? - NOT at all meant to be anything but curious - which of your husbands will you be with throughout eternity?

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Well, Cheryl, it's a complicated question. I'm not sure if you are LDS or not, so if not, it will be even more confusing! I was not sealed to my first husband because he never really accepted the church. After he died, I married my second husband and we were sealed together along with all of our children. However, it seems that after I die, my children can have me rand themselves sealed to their father, my first husband, and somehow, it will all work out in the end. Does that explain it? Thanks for asking!

Expat Mom said...

Cheryl asked the same question that I was going to ask, thanks for answering without any malice! It still sounds rather confusing to me, but then, I am not LDS, so haven't heard all the teachings.

Kandis Design said...

I'm lds member too! =)

I like the recipes!

Cara said...

Just curious: What about when Jesus tells his disciples that people will neither be married nor be given in marriage in heaven?

I don't mean that rude, I'm just asking what you think about it?

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Cara, I don't take offense at all and do not think you are rude. However, I would like it if you could leave your question in my "Blog Frog" widget on my right sidebar entitled "Questions About Mormonism 9/29", that way other people will know where to come to join in the discussion. Would that be okay?