Sunday, September 13, 2009

Homemaker Monday: How to Have an Area Rug That Looks Clean

Welcome to the 59th weekly edition of...


Thank you for joining us! If you're new to this carnival and would like to enter your post, please check HERE for the rules and regs.

YOURS: This week's "YOURS" goes to Stephanie over at "Fun Foods on a Budget" ! Not only did I want to feature her post on delicious-looking granola bars, I wanted to introduce you to her blog as well. To me, there is almost nothing better in this world than fun foods on a budget! She says, "My husband and I cheerfully consider ourselves to be extreme tightwads, and try to spend as little money on food as possible. We enjoy the challenge of cooking for our little family using inexpensive ingredients. With this blog, I've set out to prove that you can prepare and eat delicious foods without spending a lot of money!" I love it! Here, take a look at her "tightwad" granola bars...


They look delicious. Go check out her blog! Just her header photo will make your mouth water! Thanks, Stephanie, for participating and we look forward to learning more from you! For Stephanie's granola bar recipe, click HERE.

MINE: My suggestion on how to keep your rug looking clean? Buy a multi-colored print, like this one in our entryway...

Photobucket

In the photo above, the area rug is actually clean, but said rug will be depicted further in a state of cluttered filth and chaos.

This angel...

Photobucket

...the 3-year-old boy, thought it might be entertaining (or perhaps thought the twins were hungry?) to dump out the entire jumbo-size bag of craisins...

Photobucket

...onto said rug...

Photobucket

In the above photo, there are miriad craisins strewn over the entirety of the rug, but you can't tell, can you?

There are even perhaps hundreds of craisins between the rug and the step that leads up to the formal living room...

Photobucket

...but you can hardly see them, unless you look closely, like this...

Photobucket

That being said, even though a rug like this can camoflage craisins or any number of other atrocities the dear children might commit, it still looks better after you vacuum...

Photobucket

Thanks for listening.

OURS: Okay, now it's your turn! I can't wait to see what all of you amazing homemakers can teach us today. Thank you for joining us today and I hope all of you have a wonderful Homemaker Monday!



I am pleased to list this post @...


If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the "Add This" button below... Thank you for your visit!

10 comments:

alessandra said...

How strange! the mess on your floor is so similar to mine, hahaha!
Unfortunately my area rug has a black background, so you can count any tiny breadcrumb, even after vacuuming :(

Cheryl B. said...

I like how 'the guests' in this photo shoot oppertunity got 'dressed up' for the occasion - white dress shirts, dress pants, one even wore a tie; and yet the 'culprit' {aka: the 3 year old crasins spreader) did his work wearing only his undies ;-p

I also liked how while the three year old had made a mess, one of his 18 month old brothers was getting the vacume to clean up after his older brother ;-p

I also noted the book laying upside down in one of the pictures - about introducing art at an early age - perhaps the three year old was attempting to make his own artistic masterpiece via spreading the craisins on the rug? ... ;-p

In the house we were in when "our boys" were young, we had this various shades of brown, tan, cream, short shag carpeting. I really wish I had been able to find more of that stuff after our house fire in this house!!! That stuff camoflagued(?) EVERYTHING!!!! It's only drawback according to daddy, was that it also somewhat hid Lego pieces, which were easy enough to find in the early morning when you were bqrefoot ;-p

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Cheryl, I liked that the boys were dressed up, too! This mess occurred right after church and, yes, the culprit had already stripped down! The vacuum comment you made was funny. I hadn't even noticed that! Just crazy action going on in my house all the time!

Dianna said...

My carpet is already so stained, a few more cooties don't matter too much more or less. :) Yours looks much nicer.

Unknown said...

Great advice on the area rug. I had a solid dark blue in my entry way..bad Bad BAD color choice...Especially with a white, a grey, and an orange cat, and even more with a toddler. LOL

I removed the rug entirely and going bare hardwood for now. Will go your route in the future.

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

That is a definetly before and after....we used to have the same problem only with cheerios...Now, unfortunately it is cat barf!

Leanne said...

I just found your blog. I think it's great you have almost 10 kids. I have 8 and have wondered at times if I should of had just 1 more. Lots of activity with that many kids. Maybe 8 is enough for me.

The Farmer's Wife said...

I love you Jen!!! And I am laughing!!!;) That is a great tip

Unknown said...

I need wall to wall carpet JUST like your rug! That would be so helpful.....


Lisa @
All That and a Box of Rocks

Fine Life Folk said...

Our rugs are all multi-colored and yet it only lasts three to days. Maybe it's the humidity in our climate.