Friday, September 11, 2009

Questions About Mormonism

I had a post in mind for this evening, but I am exhausted and I think I'm getting sick, so I am going to forego that. What I would like to do instead is tell you how I've spent the past two days.

The Blog Frog, a forum I mentioned in THIS post about how to increase your blog traffic, features a popular forum from another blog. There I came across a conversation about Christianity, began participating in it, and before I knew it, when I mentioned I was Mormon, people began asking questions like they were on fire! They came so fast I could hardly keep up with them. As a result, I decided to start my own conversation entitled "Questions About Mormonism", opening myself up to answer any questions anyone had about our beliefs as Mormons. The same thing happened on this thread. There were so many questions and comments that needed to be adressed, that the thread soon reached the limit of size a thread can be, apparently, and the moderator kindly asked me to begin a new thread. I entitled this thread "Questions About Mormonism II". This thread has also had a huge response.

I bring this up for two reasons. If you read my blog regularly and would like to know what my religious beliefs are, and the beliefs of other Mormons, you are invited to read these threads and ask questions yourself. If you are Mormon and would like to participate in these discussions, you are invited to do that. I would however ask one thing. Something that many people have pointed out about my thread is that the answers and discussions have been gentle and kind. I would ask that if you decide you would like to participate, you do so with a prayer in your heart and make sure there is absolutely no contention in your writing. Here are the threads...

For "Questions About Mormonism" click HERE. This thread is actually closed for discussion, but is available to be read by anyone.

For "Questions About Mormonism II" click HERE.

And because I speak of Christ and his apostles in my threads, I would like to share with you a work of art I discovered recently...

Photobucket


This work is by Liz Lemon Swindle and you can find her other works HERE.

P.S. If you do decide you would like to ask a question or participate as a member of the church, you'll need to go through a real quick registration process at The Blog Frog. Thank you for listening!

If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the "Add This" button below... Thank you for your visit!

7 comments:

alessandra said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling good, besides I just commented on your thread about Mormonism, but I want to specify that my comment was not directed to anyone particularly :)

Neuffj said...

I love it! Thank you for posting that thread. I am well,,,,,,,,,,, inactive. It's caused me to do some thinking. The Neuff

Erin said...

Thanks for both threads. I think it was wonderful. reminded me I need to still be reading my scriptures better so I can answer questions as well as you did.

Amanda B. said...

Wow! I skimmed through them and there are a lot of deep as well as basic questions there. You really did a good job of answering them gently and lovingly. Some of those were tough! I appreciate what you said to one guy about how you could both find scripture evidence so a debate was pointless since your goal wasn't to prove anything. Very smart. :) We need more members like you! Thanks for helping spread the truth about us!!!!

Caio Fern said...

hi !!
i love the idea you are mormon !!
well , i am not , i am christian fundamentalist with kardecist origns ( very comon here in Sao Paulo , Brazil ).
but for me there is no diferences among christians , we are all brothers and sisters , right ?
today i came here for to check your vegan recepies , it is sunday and i hope to be able to do something diferend .
i am a single 34 years old man , i just know to make my 8 grains bread ( it never gets good ) and some vegetables .
thank you for all !!
God bless you and your family and have a great week !!!

Caio Fern said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele S said...

I saw your thread on the Blog Frog and I honestly couldn't stand reading it. Not because you are Mormon, but because growing up in a fundamentalist Christian environment, I know that I was taught that you were either "saved" or you were going to hell. So we were taught that Mormons, Catholics, etc. were going to hell.

As an adult, I no longer define myself as a Christian, so I am able to accept and embrace the Mormon women I hang around simply for being themselves, not because I am warily looking over my shoulder and believing I am better for my beliefs. You don't have to prove to me that you are a Christian. I don't care!!!! :)