Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Angry Raspberry Spitting Twins...And I Love It!

Sometimes the now 21-month-old twins play together like this...



(...shown here viewing a binder of photos of their favorite relatives. This happens to be the grandpa page.)

...or this...



But sometimes they get angry with each other. As a way of expressing this anger, they've taken up a new habit. They pucker their lips, furrow their little brows and spit angry raspberries at each other.

The 14-year-old girl taught them to do this, you know, just for fun.

But why, you must be asking, do I love this?

This habit has drastically cut down on the continual back-biting. Yes, they bite each others backs because the biter knows that the bitee will remain defenseless for the attack. This has been a huge problem for quite some time, with no solution in sight, the twins both having old and new blue and red bruises on their backs as if they had been horribly abused in some way.

Now, they have a different outlet for their anger. They spit. No, in most cases spitting is not appropriate, but in this case, I'm quietly encouraging it.



Judge me if you will, but this is how I cope.



Thanks for listening.

And now, some of my favorite music for your holiday enjoyment....

6 comments:

Dionne said...

I never thought about the true meaning of back biting. Those toddler boys taught a 40 year old woman what back biting really means.

Luvmy9 said...

Doesn't sound so bad to me, Jen. Sounds like a good solution in the progression of expressing their feelings.

Gill Family said...

I read a lot... and I entered your cute baby playing with toys for the ebeanstalk website :) And I won a ecert, just wanted to say thank you :)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Oh my gosh, All about Baby Gill! That is so awesome that you won! Congratulations! I really hope you enjoy it. Ebeanstalk toys is really a great website!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound so bad to me, Jen. Sounds like a good solution in the progression of expressing their feelings.

Luvmy9

Erin said...

Sounds better to me. My two year old bit me for the first time this week. I was so mad. I thought I'd finally managed to get one kid who wasn't going to be a biter. Oh well. I'd take raspberries over biting any day of the week.