Friday, December 11, 2009

Please Vote Now to Help Fight This Debilitating Disease

NOTE: I know this is late notice, but the voting ends tomorrow, December 12th, so if you could take a quick trip to the site below, it would really be appreciated. Thank you!

Yesterday my sister sent me an email asking for your help. I told her that my readers are wonderful and we could count on them, so here goes...

We'll call this boy John...



John is a friend of my sister, who works as a scientist nearly around the clock to help find a treatment for his disease. John has pachyonychia congenita, a rare disease in which blisters and callouses form on the palms and soles of the feet. As children like John get older and become heavier, these excruciating blisters become so debilitating that some will eventually need to resort to using a wheel chair.



If you would like to help the Pachyonychia Congenita Project receive funding for support and research for a treatment, please click the button below, then vote.



The winning projects will receive $25,000 from Chase Bank. I know John would really appreciate it. Thank you.

12 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Thanks for helping me with the photoshop questions. BUT how do I know what size to enlarge them to? Numbers? I want them like a 4x8 or 3x5 on my blog? I hope you could help.
THANK YOU.
Wendy

Christine said...

Praying for a cure. Hope they get all the votes they need! I'm hopping on over to vote now!

Rhonda said...

going now, that's so rough. I'm so sad anyone has to have such a condition. :(

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Thanks so much, Christine and RhondaLue!

alessandra said...

Which charity have I to vote for?

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Alessandra, do you see a search box right under where you became a fan? Just type in pachyonychia congenita and that should take you to the place you need to vote. Sorry it's so confusing, but thank you for your time!

alessandra said...

A bit of mess, but finally i did it :-)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Thank you so much, Alessandra! :)

CM said...

I clicked and it went to a Facebook log on. I don't belong to Facebook, but I pray they get lots of votes.

Debra said...

Like Cop Mama, I'll pray for lots of votes. I've been resisting Facebook... :)

Unknown said...

I wish I would have looked at this sooner so that I could have voted! I have a good friend who's newborn has something called epidermolysis bullosa or EB that seems to be somewhat similar. He gets blisters anywhere on his body, though from any kind of slight trauma to his skin. I'm talking clothes rubbing, diapers, etc. I'm still praying for a cure, though and hope John and others don't have to continue to live their lives with this disease.

kelly said...

Get off anything with wheat, rye and oats. Also go off all dairy products including cows' milk, cheese, yoghurt. Reduce meat. Try for a week and see if there's any difference.