Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Best Oatmeal Cookie Recipe on the Planet

John tweaked this recipe a bit, decreasing the amount of sugar and butter, but it still turned out beautifully. Oh, and John says that because they have red craisins and orange peel in them, they are considered holiday cookies. So there you have it.

Oatmeal Orange Craisin White Chocolate Chip Cookies



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
The grated peel of 1 1/2 oranges
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
6 cups oatmeal, uncooked
3 cups white chocolate chips
2 cups orange juice
2 cups craisins

Directions:


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Step 1: Soak the craisins in the orange juice for one hour.

Step 2: In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.

Step 3: In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar.

Step 4: To the sugar mixture, add eggs, vanilla, and orange peel.

Step 5: Add sugar mixture to dry ingredients and mix.

Step 6: Pour in drained craisins and white chocolate chips, and combine.

Step 7: Place in one-inch balls on greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned.



Enjoy!

8 comments:

Cheryl B. said...

John has a point - it's all in your perception ;-} I use this Pillsbury recipe which has come much beloved (aka: much requested) everywhere I go. It's for Oatmeal Carmelitas.

Ya know ... I havn't made them in awhile ...

Any-ways, 'we' declare that they ARE good for us since they contain oatmeal, and brown instead of white sugar, and chocolate is important for us girls .... ;-p

Amy Snow said...

Those look soooo good! I'm gonna have to go to the store today!

laurice. said...

yummy can't wait to try them!

BarbaraJo said...

Yum. Now all I need is white chocolate chips and crasins.

Keeslermom said...

I nominated you! It's explained over at my blog. Feel free to ignore-I do about 1/2 of them!

Unknown said...

I shouldn't have come here hungry.... ;) Love your blog frog forum button!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Thank you so much, Lolli. I'm still working on getting the graphics just right, but it has definitely increased my forum traffic today!

Hen Jen said...

oh my, i'm going to have to try those. My favorite cookies in the whole world are oatmeal choc. chip cookies..but these look like a serious contender!