Monday, June 28, 2010

Basement Before and After Photos

Who doesn't love a good set of before and after photos? In our basement was all the junk I had accumulated before I married John five years ago, and all the junk he had accumulated before he married me five years ago, and stuff I didn't have the intestinal fortitude, literally, to sort through when we packed during our move to Mexico. I was two months pregnant with the twins, but thought there was only one, and had double nausea and fatigue.

Anyway, the first photo represents a depiction of what our basement looked like after the kids and I did a day's worth of work (9:30 to noon, then 2:30 to 4:00, and yes, these hours were strictly enforced each day)...

Photobucket

(Try to comprehend what it must have looked like before this day's work.)

And now, after giving away and throwing away four truckloads of stuff, two days later...

Photobucket

My kids totally rock for the way they helped me, and they only complained a little bit.

Our future plans for the basement? Game room!

Thanks for listening. :)


Today on life in mexico {and other places} a picture a day: {inside the popsicle store at night}

Today on 365 Days of TV-Free Toddler Time: Stream Time! ...

Photobucket

11 comments:

COUNTRY MOM said...

It looks great. Hope you have the best week. Many Blessings,

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Thanks, Country Mom! You have a good week, too!

HTF said...

Wow, REALLY well done! Makes me want to tackle the garage . . . well, maybe tomorrow.

Lydia said...

Wow that looks great. Looks like it will make a great game room.

BarbaraJo said...

Amazing! That was a LOT of work. It looks great!

Lynn said...

Wow. That must feel REALLY good to have that extra space now and all the stuff crossed off your list. But seriously Jen....was there not ANYTHING left to keep and use? Did you REALLY get rid of it all??!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Lynn, I did keep some things, such as decorations, pictures, books and clothes, but we did give or throw away 4 truckloads of stuff! Insane!

Jenny said...

Awesome job! Here I am this morning trying to brace my self for our storage room project. It looks like your before photo right now. It is a small space. Hoping with the children helping to have it cleaned out today.
Mine will be a future food storage room.

Seamingly Sarah said...

That is absolutely amazing! Good for you and your kids.

Jb said...

Ah, space, beautiful space!
No wonder the kids didn't complain about helping...a game room is a genius motivation!
Now...can you send your cleaning crew to my basement ;) ?

moshell's lilbit of space said...

um, AMAZING doesn't seem like an adequate word for the cleanup, but if I can ask....Will you please come to Kentucky and do that to my attic? Really, i am serious.