Monday, June 7, 2010

Miscellany, Including Poppy Seed Waffles and Lite Root Beer Popsicles

K, so I have a lot of things going on in the bloggy world today. I'm just going to highlight a few of them and you can pick and choose what interests you. Thanks!

Today at "Make It From Scratch", I posted a Poppy Seed Whole Wheat Waffle recipe...

Photobucket

I'd been trying to find a good waffle recipe that doesn't call for the use of white flour, and at 101 Cookbooks dot com, I finally found one! To view the recipe, go HERE.

Today at 365 Days of TV-Free Toddler Time, I posted about the fun the 4 four and under had with sidewalk chalk. And you'll probably be surprised at some of the items they chalked up. Check it out HERE.

Photobucket

Today at life in mexico {and other places} a picture a day, I posted a provocative photo of a roadside church. That's HERE.

And today on Whole Food Kids, I posted the recipe for a delicious sweet salad dressing, inspired by my friend, BJ. Thanks, BJ! For that, go HERE.

Photobucket

And finally, for today's Popsicle recipe, try this Lite Root Beer Popsicle!...

Photobucket

In a pitcher, mix 2 cups water with 2 cups root beer, pour into Popsicle molds, then freeze for at least six hours. When I brought these Popsicles close to my face, I could smell the root beer and it was so refreshing to bite into this icy goodness. The great thing about diluting the root beer with water is that the kids really don't notice, especially if they are younger, and these Popsicles have less than 50 calories and only 13 grams of sugar. Can't feel too guilty about that! And just so you know, this recipe was created by my dearest husband and root beer lover, John. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jb said...

Do you ever sleep? How do you do it?
Those waffles look scrumptious! I have a really good whole grain recipe for waffles. I will either post it soon, or maybe just email it to you, if you'd like.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Yes, Jb, I would love to get your recipe. Just let me know when you post it! Perhaps for Homemaker Monday next week? :)