Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Totally Tasty Tofu, of Which All Eight Kids Asked for Seconds

Yesterday I made a small pan of tofu for the first time ever. It was a small pan because I thought no one, except maybe the babies, would go near it and I didn't want to waste. I did, however, force everyone to try one piece and guess what. Every. Single. Child. All eight of them. And the husband...Loved it! They all asked me to make more for them to put on their stir fry (click HERE for a recipe for that) and I happily did. Here's how it's done...

Get together these ingredients...


-Salt
-Sesame oil (or another oil substitute if you dont' have any)
-Bragg's Aminos (or soy sauce if you don't have any)
-Gourmet burger seasoning (or anything else you like to season burgers or steak with)
-Extra firm tofu

Step 1: Cut the tofu into 1/2 x 1 inch pieces.

Step 2: Heat oil in a pan and add tofu and the other ingredients to taste.

Step 3: Stir continuously, but gently until tofu begins to brown...


Serve as is or over stir fry...


Enjoy!

I am also pleased to list this post at...
-Tip Junkie's "Talk to me Tuesday",
-5 Minutes for Mom's "Tackle It Tuesday",
-Tammy's Recipe's "Kitchen Tip Tuesday",
-Blessed With Grace's "Tempt My Tummy Tuesday",
-Mary's "Tightwad Tuesday",
-Kim's "Tasty Tuesday" and
-The Lazy Organizer's "Talk About Tuesday".

If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the little beauty below... Thank you for your visit!

4 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

As good that sounds, I am afraid I will never get my hubby to eat tofu. He is pretty closed minded about his beef and potatoes. So, good for you and getting the family to jump on your veggie ban wagon!! Kudos!

Brenda said...

I've been wanting to try more tofu, I'll have to try this and see if my husband likes it.

Lisa said...

I like Tofu, but never can seem to make it taste as good as when I buy it already made @ a store/deli. I can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

I LOVE tofu. I love it especially when it's sauteed in a little olive oil. We'll be trying your recipe soon. :) Thanks!