Sunday, May 31, 2009

We Dreamed a Dream

I would like to post this dream in case it actually comes true. Because if it did, that would be pretty cool.

It took place about two weeks ago. I dreampt that I was on a beautiful outdoor path, surrounded by trees and grass. As I was walking, I began painlessly giving birth to a baby. She was a beautiful baby girl, 5 pounds and I don't remember how many ounces, and there were other people with me, but not John. A few minutes later, I painlessly delivered another lovely little girl, who also weighed 5 pounds and something ounces. They were perfect and it was a perfect experience. After the birth, we went to the hospital, but I realized I had forgotten all of my clothes in which to go home and clothes in which to dress the twin girls. In my desperation to get what I needed, I simply left the twins at the hospital and drove home. John and I were living in a small apartment in a city I had never seen, and there I told him that I had given birth to twin girls, but that we needed to hurry and get back to the hospital. I chastised myself for leaving them like that and John, the toddler and I desperately hurried to get back. However, I then realized that we didn't have the right carseats, so we had to go to Walmart and get some. That was where the dream ended, in kind of a chaotic state.

It was fun to analyze the dream. Having twins could be a representation of my inexplicable continued desire to have more twins. I say inexplicable, because I'm sure it's not because I've forgotten how hard it is where they're babies. I'm still living it. The painless childbirth could represent a deep yearning I have to have easier births than the excruciating, long labors I currently endure. The chaos must signify the chaos that is my life...losing everything, being unorganized, forgetting things.

The next day, as John and I were driving to the plant nursery in the big town, I decided to share my dream with him. I started by saying, "John, I had the most beautiful dream last night. I dream I gave birth to two beautiful twin girls."

"What?!?" he exclaimed.

"What? It's just a dream. No need to worry."

"No", he explained, "you don't understand. I had the same dream last night. I dreamt that we had twin girls."

My heart skipped a beat for a second as I tried to calculate the statistical probability of this actually occuring. It had to be a million to one.

I continued to share the rest of my dream, then we just laughed together, wondering if another adventure is awaiting us. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for listening.

If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the "Add This" button below... Thank you for your visit!

8 comments:

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

One time, my husband and I both had the same dream, too, on the same night. We both dreamt that we were flying through the air-the only differences were that he was flying among buildings (like NYC) and I was flying through mountains!

Unknown said...

Oooh goose bumps. What a wonderful dream. My oldest are 15 months apart, at times I wonder if it would of been easier to have twins. :)

ajwhet10 said...

Wow! Now I call that UNITY, and wish you both the best, as always! If anyone could pull that off well, you are the ones!

Anonymous said...

wow thats amazing. i hope it comes true.

alpinekleins said...

Hello there,

This is not one of my usual comments - instead I have a big favor to ask . . .

One of my wonderful followers is having such a difficult time this week, her missionary son serving in Guatemala is ill and she's missing him and feeling all the mom pains that come from being separated from a child who is ill. I'm hoping I can persuade a few of you to stop by and cheer her up!

http://themomshell.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-son-and-bug.html

I would love it if you have time:)

Kristin

Cambria said...

wow! That is super cool!!! I would love to have twins too, but I can only say that cause I haven't had them!! =)

Kristin said...

All I have to say, is, "OH MY GOSH!"

danette said...

Wow, that's pretty amazing :). Wishing you both the best!