Thursday, August 28, 2008

Vintage Thingies and Trash to Treasure



Come check out a bunch of other cool vintage thingies over at the Apron Queen's!

How I LOVE a good deal! In my efforts to decorate the guest room in the hacienda-style home we are building, my goal was to choose low-cost, thrift store finds. I had a GREAT time, even though I had the twins in tow, because my mom or John accompanied me at each shopping adventure.

Some of the things we found:

-The dinette set (purchased at Good Will and partially pictured below) - $70
-Each dish set (purchased in Mexico and pictured below) - $7
-Mexican blue vintage napkins (purchased at a thrift store)- 4 for $.99
-Bright pink cloth to use as a table cloth (purchased at Walmart and pictured below)- $6

and my favorite...

-THIS vintage brass taper holder (purchased at Good Will). Truthfully, I don't know if it is vintage or not, but it sure does look old and I love it! Its height makes a lovely statement on the set table. It even came with the white tapers! The price? $3!


Come and visit us sometime!

I am pleased to list this post @...
Diane's trash to Treasure Tuesday!


If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe
(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kids' college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the little beauty below... Thank you for your visit!

17 comments:

Rach =o) said...

So Cute Jen! Awesome buys too.

Coloradolady said...

That is my kind of shopping. It is just lovely how all your finds came together to make a great statement. I love the candle holder. Very rustic looking. Great Post

Carla said...

Vintage (looking) and CHEAP! Could life be any better? Goodwills in Mexico??? Great eye girl (I love your new hair cut and thanks for pointing out your little counting thing!! Cool!)

Anonymous said...

Very nice finds. My home away from home is Goodwill (but only when I'm in the State of Washington) Enjoy your thrift store decorating efforts...

Anonymous said...

Wow on top of everything else you are a bargain shopper too! You go girl..... Can't wait to see your house once it is done. I was busy when Becka saw it in June so I missed out.

The Sweet Life of Us said...

Hey! Were Cousins! I'm sister to Amanda and Elena, daughter to Max and Jackie ... Anyway, love your blog! Hopefully I'll get to see you in Mexico sometime soon! take care!

Anonymous said...

You're so cool. Hey, here's the link to my pictures I took in Moab with Sid and hiking to Stewart Falls with the ward...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38408&l=b7891&id=744235697

Eileen said...

This is my first visit to your blog. I love meeting new and interesting people. :-)
The candle holder is a wonderful find.. you did a great job thrifting. My favorite thing to do too!
I'll be back....

The Apron Queen said...

Oh, I love it! It's perfect for your hacienda! :)

Amanda said...

Jen I LOVE those dishes. Have I told you, you are building my dream house? I am so happy for you guys. It is beautiful and I can't wait to see it when it is done.

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

I love a good bargin.
The candle holder is just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

wow! those are neat! i love vintage items, too!!! you chose some great ones!!!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh I so love the things you found...what a good shopper you are! I can't wait to see all the things in your house...and I hope you will take us all on a tour!

Anonymous said...

You certainly bagged yourself some super duper bargains for a great rustic-hacienda-style LOOK!! I love it :)xx

Missy Wertz said...

Good find! Can't beat the price either!

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,
Thanks for linking to me! You have some great finds.

I'm going to add you to my blog roll.
diane

bj said...

I love shopping at GoodWill and other thrift stores...just my thing.
I love your candle holder...