Monday, August 3, 2009

Strawberry Ironman Shake

Anemia is a common condition among pregnant woman, especially me, and is caused primarily by a lack of iron. Here's a shake I came up with that's loaded with 35% of your recommended daily allowance of iron. I'm going to kick anemia's butt.

4 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup liquid (water, milk, nut milk, juice)
1 teaspoon flaxseed
1 teaspoon sesame seed
1 teaspoon hemp seed
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
1/2 banana
1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
4 cubes of ice

Blend until seeds are no longer visible.

Sorry that I don't have a photo, but to make it up to you, I have included a link to the nutrition information of this shake. Click HERE. Enjoy!

I am pleased to list this post @ Biblical Womanhood's "Frugal Friday". Check out her blog for TONS for great money-saving tips!
I am also pleased to list this post at...
-Kelly's "Real Food Wednesday",
-Tip Junkie's "Talk to me Tuesday",
-5 Minutes for Mom's "Tackle It Tuesday",
-Tammy's Recipe's "Kitchen Tip Tuesday",
-Blessed With Grace's "Tempt My Tummy Tuesday",
-Mary's "Tightwad Tuesday",
-Jen's "Tasty Tuesday",
Gollum's...



and a newly discovered carnival...


If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the little beauty below... Thank you for your visit!

7 comments:

JP said...

This is good. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure this will help to stay away from Anemia.

MadeInCanarias said...

Something for me!
Thanks for sharing. Will try this out.

Anonymous said...

Now this looks really healthy. I have some strawberries in the freezer and am going to have to give this a try....I don't have all the seeds but I have some of them.

Unknown said...

This really sounds great. Thanks. I hope you will visit diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com and check out Crock Pot Wednesday starting this week. There are some really great giveaways.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Thanks. Looks good.

Brenda said...

Hemp seed? I don't think I have heard of that. . but this sound really healthy!

Unknown said...

I hope you will come to Crock Pot Wednesdays at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com this week. Mr. Linky is up and waiting for your entry