Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Heart Rustic Stone Steps

I have the best husband in the world. Not only is he an amazing gardener, he knows what I like and does everything in his power to make it happen. One example, for which I haven't yet acknowledged him (hopefully this blog post will do the job), are these adorable rustic steps he had made for me in various locations on our property. Here they are...

First we have the steps that lead from the main backyard to the a lower area where we keep our trash dumpsters. It's stone to match the wall simply covered with cement. Simple and rustic...


(Please excuse the miriad half-naked children in the background.)

Next are the steps leading from the backyard to the garden. Love these even more because they are stone on top, too!


And finally, we have my favorite set of steps that lead from the kitchen carport to the herb garden (which John also planted for me)...


I love these because each step is completely different. The top step is made of all smaller stones, the second step is mostly one large stone, shown below (which the 9-year-old boy claims he found, which makes it precious)...,


...and the bottom landing, made of the leftover slate scraps used on our kitchen floor.

And that's all! I'm just a lucky gal because I have a husband who makes me rustic steps!

I am pleased to list these photos at MckLinky's weekly BlogHop! Join in! I'ts fun!


MckLinky Blog Hop


If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the "Add This" button below... Thank you for your visit!

10 comments:

debi9kids said...

These are just gorgeous! I LOVE rustic as well and think these look just beautiful!
What a wonderful hubby :)

alessandra said...

"he knows what I like and does everything in his power to make it happen"....i'm a little envious...you're so lucky....:D

Karen said...

That is wonderful he is so handy.

What brought you guys to Mexico? Why are you living there?

Kathryn said...

Beautiful!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Well, to answer your question, Mrs. Clifton, I can refer you this the following post.....
http://rtheyallyours.blogspot.com/2009/08/this-is-my-life.html
...but that's kind of long, so to sum it up, we live in a small Mormon community here in Mexico where my husband grew up. He was away for nearly 30 years, but after we married 4 years ago, we both got the impression (we believe from God) that we should move here and raise our children here! We've been here for two years now and LOVE it and wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for asking!

TheAtticGirl said...

That's very cool! You have a handy hubby!

http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

Dianna said...

They're so nice! What a handy husband you have.

Keeley said...

D.U.D.E.! Your husband is Talented!

Shana Putnam said...

Blog hopped over here. Your steps are gorgeous!! Tell your hubs he did a fantastic job!

Missew said...

blog hopping .. I LOVE those steps, you must have a backyard nearly as amazing as your husband!