Monday, August 3, 2009

Homemaker Monday: Sprouting Beans and Antiquing Photos!

Welcome to the 52nd weekly edition of...


Thank you for joining us! If you're new to this carnival and would like to enter your post, please check HERE for the rules and regs.

YOURS: This week's "YOURS" goes to "The Prudent Pantry" for her post on sprouting beans! Eating sprouted beans and grains is a great way to add a punch of nutrition to your diet each day. I love to sprout wheat, and I have tried my hand at sprouting a variety of beans, but The Prudent Pantry did such a great tutorial on the subject, I thought I'd just send you on over to learn from her! Here's how her mung beans look after coming alive!


Thank you so much for linking up with us, Prudent Pantry, and we sure do look forward to future tutorials! For The Prudent Pantry's entire post, click HERE.

MINE: Recently I was introduced to an awesome Japanese website. No, it's not aname or tech-y type stuff, it is a photo editing website. And this website does one thing... makes "Photos like over 100 to 150 years old." I really get a kick out of how translators can sometimes word phrases or sentences. Then I begin to wonder what I must sound like to our workmen when I try to ask them if I can borrow a drill. They probably laugh about me with each other after I walk off the same way my mother and I laugh when we go to restaurants in Mexico where the someone has attempted to translate the menu into english for the benefit of us Americans with our deep pockets. Since I actually live in Mexico now and am forced to butcher the language every single day, I find I don't laugh as loud or hard..... but I still do laugh.

Anywho, back to my point, the website is called Bakumatsu Koshashin Generator and I've been having all kind of fun with it. There are so many cute things you could do with old-style photos of the kids or scenery. I'm thinking of makng a collection with old rustic frames and lining them up on one of the walls in my family room. It would fit my rustic Mexican decor perfectly. Here's how it turns out...

Original Photos...



Antiqued Photos...



Pretty awesome, right? Now I do realize that there are programs out there that have this capability, but since I haven't been willing to drop the cash for any of them, I'm grateful I've found one that's free. Click HERE to get there. Try it!

OURS: All right then, let's see what all of you fantastic homemakers have for us today! Feel free to dig into your archives if this is your first time participating and even if you're an old pro! Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you have a awesome Homemaker Monday!



If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the "Add This" button below... Thank you for your visit!

5 comments:

The Prudent Pantry said...

Thank you so much for featuring the Mung Bean Sprouting tutorial! I really enjoy your site, thanks for the great tips and inspiration.

Luvmy9 said...

The pictures are darling! And, I love sprouts. I haven't done any in years.

Hope you're having fun in Utah, Sorry we didn't get together before you left. Will there be time when you come back? Call me. I have something to tell you.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for the tip.

Amanda B. said...

Love the pictures! What a neat thing to do!!!

BTW- I am seriously looking for the money to buy one of Kyla's skirts... I really love them!!! :)

Unknown said...

very impressive!