Friday, August 14, 2009

5 Blog Crushes I Have and Why I Emmulate, Okay, Copy Them

Since I began blogging in May of last year, my blog has taken many turns, from appearance redesigns to purpose rethinking, to re-evaluation of how candid I should be. Through all of this I have had IMMENSE fulfillment and FUN as I've learned the ropes of the blogging world. I have my sister to thank and my friends here in Mexico who encouraged me to start blogging, saying that people would love to read about and see the twins.

In today's post, I would like to share with you five blogs that have inspired me over the past year, blogs that have greatly influenced how I write and design my blog, thus influencing what YOU get when you come to visit! Give them a visit and see if you're not inspired, too!

First we have Lisa at Confessions of an Apron Queen...


You know those photos of food linked to my recipes on my left sidebar? Her idea. Totally. Check out her blog and you will see for yourself. Sad thing is, she has decided not to blog about family or recipes anymore, but she still does apron give-aways, so put her on your blogroll to see when your chances to win are!

Next we have Kathlene at Grosgrain...


Kathlene is a young, extremely talented writer and seamstress and, unbelievably, makes and gives away a dress or other outfit on a weekly basis. She is also fortunate to have two absolutely ADORABLE little girls she uses as models for her clothing and she is an exceptional photographer. I wanted to steal one of her photos and put it here to show you, but I thought she might get mad, so you'll have to go and see yourself. Truthfully, I haven't actally copied anything from her blog yet, like sewing something, then giving it away, although I could, I guess I just don't think I want to. But maybe I will. Maybe this post will inspire me. Anyway, she is amazing and I LOVE visiting her site just to see what she's been sewing that week.

Jen at My Charming Kids...


...just happens to be the most popular mommy blogger out there. She posts something and in one hour has like 200 comments. Jealous. I love Jen because she's an excellent writer, a fantastic photographer and she's not afraid to be completely honest about her life, even if it makes her look less than perfect. She's also a sweet Christian who gives Jesus lots of credit all the time and her kids are adorable, especially Stellen, who nearly died a few weeks ago due to heart complications. Her family has been through a lot, but through it all, she keeps writing. Jen inspires me to be a better writer and to not be afraid of being more transparent, to be honest about my life and not just write about the things that go right, but the things that DON'T go so perfectly! She's amazing!

Next, let's talk about Tamn at Seriously, So Blessed...


If you're a Mormon, surely you've heard of her. Tamn's writing is VERY unique and terribly funny and sarcastic! She pokes fun at the Utah Mormon mentality, something not everyone is going to get, but it sure is fun for us Mormons! Tamn has inspired me to try and hone my writing style and to try to include some form of humor in most of my posts. Check her out, she's hysterical!

And finally, Brent Riggs over at MckLinky Blog...


Brent is in the process of creating lots of new, neat blogging tools, but what I like best are his articles about blogging. He gives tips on getting and keeping loyal readership, posts how-tos on how to make your blog visually more appealing and teaches about good writing. I have changed many things about my blog since I've started reading Mcklinky Blog and I'll bet you'll be inspired just like I was. Check him out!

There are lots more blogs out there who have inspired MY blog, but we will have to save those for another time. Featured bloggers, if you are mad that I copied your header image and put it on my blog for this post, please let me know! Don't call the authorities! We can resolve this peacefully! Just trying to get you more traffic, as if any of you even need it! Thanks for your inspiration and don't stop what you're doing! I just typed a lot of exclamation points! Thanks for listening!

If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe

(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the "Add This" button below... Thank you for your visit!

9 comments:

alessandra said...

I checked them all, you are right, they are amazing.
Thank you for sharing.

Keeley said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the fabulous blogs.

And that photo of your 15 bean soup looks a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing the sites...I have hit a few of them, but not the last two...look forward to nap time when I will get a chance.

Dianna said...

Thanks for the picks! I have to admit, I love TAMN too. She's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for about a year now. It has made me laugh, cry, laugh some more and THINK! Thanks for your work on here. I dont blog hop much but when I do it is someone you reccommend. THANKS

Anonymous said...

I also take so much inspiration from other blogs, yours as well!! What a great list, off to check them out!

gigi said...

I'll check them out soon. I love new blogs. We all need blogging friends like you to spread the word. Thanks.

Lori said...

Everytime I come to your page and see all that food, I get hungry! Seriously it all looks sooo good!

I know about MckLinky and My Charming Kids and now I am gonna have to check the others out too!

(Is it lunchtime yet???)

Lori

PS I tagged you in a meme....
http://www.petersonstlouis.com/2009/08/meme.html

Trish said...

You do have a very nice looking blog! And thanks for sharing your faves - I have seen the new MckLinky's but didn't know he had a blog too.

Keep up the good work!