Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Two-fer Tuesday

Another thing I have been reading about when it comes to creative blogging is to have different types of posts on different days of the week. Usually alliteration comes into play here, such as "Memory Lane Mondays", "Thirteen Thursday", or "Freebie Friday".


Well, I made up my own alliteration and have begun "Two-fer Tuesdays". Actually, a radio station here does that (plays two songs in a row by the same artist), so I didn't actually make it up, but I stole it to use on my blog. In this weeks two-fer, I will chronicle two people who have inspired me in the past week.

First, we have my daughter, Bethany. As I've said in a previous post, she brings so much joy into my world as she strives to live a faithful life. This is where one of the best parts of parenting comes in! To see the child you raised out on her own being the best she can be. No matter what stumbling blocks she is asked to overcome, she always remains faithful and continues to love the Lord, when others might have turned their backs on Him. She sets a great example for her eight younger siblings as well, as they see her reading her scriptures at night when she visits or referencing quotes and verses from her favorite prophets or composing beautiful poetry about nature and God. I'm so lucky to have you, Bethany! To learn more about this wonderful young lady, click here. (Doesn't she and her snowman buddy look cozy?)

Second, let me introduce my sister, Kristin. I haven't seen her in one year, since her youngest of four children was six weeks old, and now she has finally come to visit us here in Mexico. She is an absolutely beautiful woman, inside and out. She follows a strict diet plan and is as thin as the day she was married to her eternal companion. She always (at least when I'm around) speaks kindly and softly to her children, and is patient and loving and carefully explains things that might sometimes be difficult from them to accept, such as why we can't drive back two hours to get a toy gun that was left at Grandma's. She has been a wonderful help to me and the twins, giving my mom (my helper for the last two weeks) a well-needed break. In addition, she hand-made me an ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL quilt for the twins. I don't have my camera with me now, so I can't show it to you, but I will, don't you worry. Thanks for being my sister, Kris! After all, we probably did pick each other, right? To learn more about this amazing mom, click here. (Isn't she amazingly motherly in the picture?) (I know....I said amazing a lot just now.)

P.S. I know this Two-fer Tuesday post is actually posting on Wednesday, but I started it on Tuesday, so I think that's okay.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! thats awsome!! i like it!


berto xxx

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

What a grand idea!
How very sweet for you to write about two beautiful women in your life!

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

there is nothing, and i mean nothing, i love more than alliteration. really! :) fun for you to spend time with your sis. i am missing mine!!

Kristin said...

Will someone out there do a tribute to Jen? She deserves it at least as much (if not more) than anyone she gives it to! My mini tribute to her (and i'll beef it out later) - this woman is just not afraid of work! And teaching her children how to work. And making a beautiful house, family, and life built on hard work. She makes my life seem like a vacation to the beach.

BarbaraJo said...

Are you home yet??? WE miss you around here.

Amanda B. said...

Kristin is definitely one of my favorite people in the world- I have missed her since she moved. She has always been an inspiration to me and I love how she is always calm and gentle with her kids....I have a lot to learn! :)